Thread: Firman generators

Firman generators

Anybody here run a Firman generator. Online reviews look good but was looking for some first hand experience. Yes I know to buy Honda, but I can not afford that at this time.
    Cheers moosecamp.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Firman generators

Wouldn’t waste my money on any cheap generator if your hunting in -20 weather. Have a Honda 3000 and had it for years, 2200s are reasonable used. I look at generators like emergency gear, you want it to start and run when you need it the most. Good resale value to but no one ever wants to get rid of them because they work!

The Honda 3000 is on sale for $600 off. I think it’s $2000 bucks it’s a real deal at the moment. I only buy Honda

I have a Firman 3300 from Costco and so far no complaints.

Yes i looked at the Red and Blue ones, but for the 20 hours a year I need one, I could not justify the $$$ (at least 3 times the cost of the Firman). I wanted one for three things: run the AC on the RV, provide back up power for the sump and freezers if needed and to power the Ice Fishing Shack at yes -20 (TV, DVD, lights, cooking and all the charging instruments that are plugged into it) and so far the Firman checks all three boxes with no issues

It runs on the first pull, has the plugins you need and although a little louder than the other two, it has not been a concern to my wife's sensitive ears.

I bought at Costco and when it was on sale, picked it up for $550. I know of a few others who took the Costco price to Home Depot and they matched it and took an extra 5% off. I bought at Costco for their warranty, if needed.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

i just bought the 3300 firman invertor gen from home depot..( they price matched costco plus beat it so i paid $750 delivered , going to break it in tomorrow and see how she does, couldnt afford red or blue at this time so as long as this works for 2 years im happy

Thanks for the responses. Just ordered the firman 4550 watt generator from London Drugs for just under $450. As I said I can't afford a Honda, so we'll see how this one works out. Thanks moosecamp.

Moosecamp

Do you need it for camping etc? or for backup power or work?

Is that an inverter generator?

If not it will be LOUD!! I had a construction one like that one and you could not have it anywhere you wanted to have a conversation or socialize.

Good luck on your purchase

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!