Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk about Road Acces

Re: Lets Talk about Road Acces

Is there much of a push for this from hunting orgs? bcwf, BHA, local rod n clubs, etc ?

Would be some good PR for the resident hunter, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    Is there much of a push for this from hunting orgs? bcwf, BHA, local rod n clubs, etc ?

Would be some good PR for the resident hunter, that's for sure.
    The best thing we can all do is engauge our MLAs on the subject.
    The decision lies waaaay up the ladder from our game biologists
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    The best thing we can all do is engauge our MLAs on the subject.
    The decision lies waaaay up the ladder from our game biologists
    True. But similarly to the BCWF's petition on better allocation of hunter raised funds, could they not do a petition for something like this?

But you are right. Everyone needs to raise their voice and contact their MLA's. Squeeky wheel gets the grease...

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    For the record I am not against managing access. Restrictions should be in place where they are required. Road right of way and habitat go hand in hand. Spraying to control plant growth is nonsense. Where road density surpasses a certain limit or impacts wildlife road closures may be required.

There has to be an accepted volume of road access that allows reasonable access for all. Seasonal, and altitude restrictions may also be effective.

I don't need to access the alpine to hunt. But that doesn't mean I still don't get brought to tears every time I get close. I am worried soon the only access I will get is if I pay for a helicopter ride to some ritzy lodge for the rich and famous. You cannot imagine the sense of freedom I experience to head out alone into my favorite valley and drive up my favorite side road negotiating some bad terrain and finally getting to my favorite spot so I can be alone with my thoughts and the most beautiful country any one has ever seen.
    This Spring I will do exactly that, and it will take me an hour and a half from my driveway. I am not ready to give that up.
    Right on ..... what is the justification for deactivating 100 + year old mining roads ?? The more I read from the gov bio's the less faith I have that they have a clue about what's going on ..... mule deer study ... Ha ha ha ... it's about the $$$

they take advantage of their traditional ways.
    I'm trying to figure out what F.N. "traditional ways are" Can somebody explain them to me.

decided to delete my post

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Right on ..... what is the justification for deactivating 100 + year old mining roads ?? The more I read from the gov bio's the less faith I have that they have a clue about what's going on ..... mule deer study ... Ha ha ha ... it's about the $$$
    I think your statement is ignorant, all due respect.
    Read the science, the data is there.

It's not about the $$$, that's one asset game bios do not have and desperately want.

Is it game bios allowing aggressive resource extraction and over building of roads?
    Is it game bios that write forest practice policies?
    Is it game bios that don't make wildlife a priority in this province?
    Is it game bios that allow unregulated harvest of fish and wildlife?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I think your statement is ignorant, all due respect.
    Read the science, the data is there.

It's not about the $$$, that's one asset game bios do not have and desperately want.

Is it game bios allowing aggressive resource extraction and over building of roads?
    Is it game bios that write forest practice policies?
    Is it game bios that don't make wildlife a priority in this province?
    Is it game bios that allow unregulated harvest of fish and wildlife?
    First , you have your opinion , I have mine ....
    data can be written and manipulated .... which it is . Almost every outdoorman/hunter/trapper (I say almost every because some on here are the exceptions)
    know what the problems are ....meanwhile new jobs , consulting companies are lining up to fill their pockets. Not something you want to hear but most of the people I know in regions 8 & now 4 either don't care or think wildlife management is mismanaged . So you might not like what I posted but it is not ignorant.

How do you fix it then.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Knowing a fair amount of what goes on I wish I could share such a simplistic view as yours.