Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk about Road Acces

Re: Lets Talk about Road Acces

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    First , you have your opinion , I have mine ....
    data can be written and manipulated .... which it is . Almost every outdoorman/hunter/trapper (I say almost every because some on here are the exceptions)
    know what the problems are ....meanwhile new jobs , consulting companies are lining up to fill their pockets. Not something you want to hear but most of the people I know in regions 8 & now 4 either don't care or think wildlife management is mismanaged . So you might not like what I posted but it is not ignorant.
    I didn't answer those 4 questions ..... the first 2 would be a No and they would definately have input into 3 & 4 and are failing

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Knowing a fair amount of what goes on I wish I could share such a simplistic view as yours.
    Every hear of KISS ..... Keep It Simple Stupid .

level it all, pave it and paint it pink then we could all have wheelchair access everywhere when we get old

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    I understand you perfectly. You want to restrict my access to the woods. I stand by my earlier comments.
    I don’t believe preventing access is a cure for wildlife populations. If I can’t drive my orv to the Alpine I’ll never see it. You want to remove my access to the woods. You need to consider the rights of others.
    On topic .... This . Only the elite can get to so many areas now ( either elite fit or elite wealthy) examples : Valhallas , Percells , the Mrs & I could never hike thru those areas but guy wth a chopper or able to hike with gear for days can .... Not a fan ,

First , you have your opinion , I have mine ....
    data can be written and manipulated .... which it is . Almost every outdoorman/hunter/trapper (I say almost every because some on here are the exceptions)
    know what the problems are ....meanwhile new jobs , consulting companies are lining up to fill their pockets. Not something you want to hear but most of the people I know in regions 8 & now 4 either don't care or thin

k wildlife management is mismanaged . So you might not like what I posted but it is not ignorant.
    In BC we rarely have enough money to actually manage wildlife. All we usually can do is manage hunters.
    That’s the biggest issue.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Every hear of KISS ..... Keep It Simple Stupid .
    What would you do to positively change things other than "keep it simple stupid"

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    What would you do to positively change things other than "keep it simple stupid"
    I only referenced KISS because you said I had a simplistic view .... sometimes that is what works .
    I believe every area even within a region has a different reason for why wildlife is declining ... I could only comment on very small areas , that my extended family has hunted for over 100 years without change until the last decade . I am sure there there are hundreds of ranchers , hunters that can say the same about their areas ... what the study going to tell them ?

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what F.N. "traditional ways are" Can somebody explain them to me.
    Traditional Ways: Having the freedom to stay within Laws created by whiteman that are designed to control the actions of the whiteman....or not. If your traditional way was to hunt deer in July, why would you change that to comply with laws that were not written to suppress you?

I only referenced KISS because you said I had a simplistic view .... sometimes that is what works .
    I believe every area even within a region has a different reason for why wildlife is declining ... I could only comment on very small areas , that my extended family has hunted for over 100 years without change until the last decade . I am sure there there are hundreds of ranchers , hunters that can say the same about their areas ... what the study going to tell them ?
    Is it habitat fragmentation?
    Resource extraction?
    Is it rd density?
    Is it predation?
    If so, what percentage are cougars vs wolves vs bears vs coyotes.
    Are there patterns as to where and when the bulk of predation happens?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    Road density is one of the biggest effects on wildlife populations. I was just talking to someone yesterday about road density around Kamloops. As a kid I could hike for hours at our cabin without coming across a road or cutblock. Now when I hike, i have to choose my route to avoid them. Island Idiot, you talk about how closing access would impact you when you couldn’t drive to your favourite place, well the roads have severely degraded my places and I was there before them. But that is a purely selfish view. We should rip roads out because we have too many and they are negatively affecting habitat. If we don’t have the habitat, we don’t have the animals (read the southern mulie population thread), which means hunting opportunity is reduced. Our lack of road management is a perfect example of Rape of the Commons used to teach land use planning 101.
    The example around Kammy is the best stuff to give example too.(on my experience and knowing the area)
    Time permitting, I will answer Island, shortly.(I have some visuals for us to all think about)