Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2018 Cariboo Moose Hunt

Re: 2018 Cariboo Moose Hunt

Awesome adventure and well deserved success ! Excellent way of documenting your hunt , my morning coffee tasted much better following along from moose camp
    No animals were hurt in the making of this video...just cooked up good and tasty !

Looks like you figured out stuff just fine!

Way to hang in there,took a while to find your bull but you got her done!After hunting moose for decades and never experienceing a shot moose getting into a lake and dieing it happened to me this past season,ours however swam out 20 yrds and proceeded to sink before our eyes as we broke thru the bush,two big holes thru his ribs both sides ment he simply filled with water and was gone in 12-14 ft of water.We made a grappleing hook out of a steel campfire grate and dragged bottom but to no avail and came home empty handed,next yr if we get the draw again we'll be packing a boat just in case.Anyhow great story and happy to see you guys were successful..congrates
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Nice bill, congrats. Thanks for the great write up.
    Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmmmm when preperation and opportunity collide.....success...
    Very well done indeed gents..great presentation..enjoyable..
    Congradulations you guys earned this bull..
    Cheers
    Srupp

Ps I think I had coffee at the cabin you guys stayed at..very eastern end of Sherridan lk.....
    Thank you Steven!

If you were at the cabin with KW then you probably did!

We hope to have a similar write up at the end of this year but with Stone's sheep!

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Great story, thanks for sharing the journey

Takeaway - For LEH moose is a pre-rut draw with better odds advantageous to a rut-time draw with lesser odds?
    Tough to argue with success
    Would be interesting to see if the odds for those draws flip-flop each year as hunters chase better odds
    I have certainly seen that flip-flop pattern with various LEH hunts over the years! I attribute part of our bison draw a few years ago to that.

As for this hunt - we will surely be putting in for the pre-rut hunt again. You're right, its tough to argue with success!