Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Whatever it takes - Stone Sheep

Re: Whatever it takes - Stone Sheep

Awesome write up and great photos! Congrats on your success last year, looks like you had an unreal season.
    Thanks

Wow great story and pics! What an amazing hunt. Congratulations on a successful hunt. You definitely earned that sheep!

Awesome read and great photos man; thanks for sharing. One day.....my one day will hopefully happen in the next couple of years!

Nice work, nice ram, well done. I would disagree that it doesn't take a bunch of fancy expensive gear to kill a ram, or a pile of experience. I even trained for a solo sheep hunt by fishing and drinking lucky beer all summer
    Persistance and patience are the keys IMO. Packing a solo ram out is misery, no doubt there.
    Cheers, congrats and thanks for sharing.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

What a great thread to find for morning coffee Jimbob!! Great ram, and photos!!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Thanks for taking the time to share
    Looks like a great hunt.
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

wow what an amazing story so glad you shared this.this has got me even more pumped for next season wanting to expand from just mule deer and bear hunting i want to experience everything bc has to offer.i have tried lots of times and just got lost in the hunting regs on where i can and cant and what is legal and sometimes it can be overwhelming but this has inspired me to go out and just do it. thanks so much for the story. elk and moose and sheep here i come!

Great work all around! From your preparation, to the hunt, to your gracious sharing of the fantastic story and pictures. I sure wish there was more of this kind of stuff on here now a days!

That is awesome! Killer photos and story. You should get into writing (if you haven’t already). Fun to read.

Great to hear those hunters had a lot of respect for you and your pursuit to leave you be like that!

Great story, even better pictures! Very inspiring.