Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Government sactioned poaching

Re: Government sactioned poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Well now. Who is the rancher that invited the "hunter" onto his land?
    Have you ever talked to a stump? I have when there are no large stones handy.
    Talking to the land owner and explaining the concern may be a good idea. Im sure he
    will say why he doesnt want the elk there but you never no.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    chad stump has not replied and hes probably making another utube video of himself singing..
    He has removed the post about the Elk from his facebook though I see.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Talking to the land owner and explaining the concern may be a good idea. Im sure he
    will say why he doesnt want the elk there but you never no.
    Tried that. They don't want the Elk there and would be more than happy for them to be wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    Tried that. They don't want the Elk there and would be more than happy for them to be wiped out.
    Reminds me of a ranch in the Kettle Valley that asked for help of the FN to remove the elk at one time.
    Then again, they said the ministry never consulted them when the elk were choppered in to begin with.
    And we wonder why some areas will never offer a GOS one day.

well i believe the mla's office has now asked the band what they are doing..and want a statment.it would be nice if some other questioning letters came in espeacially from voting members in the region.
    i do not no this group but unsustainable harvest is typically frowned upon by all people across the board...as greed and ego is the weakness of all humans.

I've also contacted CBC news about this as well but they didn't seem to interested. I replied to a news article they had from the same band talking about conservation.

Get used to it folks.. FN are on a roll and have Federal and Provincial support.. coming to an area near you real soon..

Recognition and reconcilliation equals no rules .
    Last edited by rocksteady; 03-08-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Reminds me of a ranch in the Kettle Valley that asked for help of the FN to remove the elk at one time.
    Then again, they said the ministry never consulted them when the elk were choppered in to begin with.
    And we wonder why some areas will never offer a GOS one day.
    Kettle Valley (Christian Valley) has a general open season..... I had a cow draw in there a few years back, and talked to a lot of property owners. Pretty even mixture of either supporting killing them or trying to protect them. But I get what your saying. If people are seeking out the FN to solve nuisance wildlife problems, we have another big question mark when it comes to managing our wildlife.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Kettle Valley (Christian Valley) has a general open season..... I had a cow draw in there a few years back, and talked to a lot of property owners. Pretty even mixture of either supporting killing them or trying to protect them. But I get what your saying. If people are seeking out the FN to solve nuisance wildlife problems, we have another big question mark when it comes to managing our wildlife.
    There was a time where it was getting a little close to have them totally removed had that ranch had their way.
    Used FN to try and make it happen from what I recall.
    Thankfully, it worked out and we have elk there.
    The more opportunity, the more we all spread out, the less we blame each other.

Atleast some FN are trying to get their members to stop taking cow moose.
    At the same point, it makes me mad because it proves to me that they know why the moose are missing, yet
    blame us residents.

I hope in the end, bad-stupid crap like this gets reported, and becomes public knowledge and that hopefully one day
    down the road, that "good comes from it".

Sometimes it has to get bad before it gets better.
    But, cant turn a blind eye or do nothing when bad happens.
    Glad that someone took the time to approach not only the FN but local government.
    This is how s things get changed.

quesnel,100mile,prince george,williams lake and kamloops press where also sent the info.premiere and oposition party also have the file...google chad stump he talks a lot about sustainable.