Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Government sactioned poaching

Government sactioned poaching

This happened before and the CO's wouldn't touch it. Well this morning the same guy posted it openly on his facebook page that he got another one.

It's claimed the moose are disappearing due to over hunting. Yet there is no open season for Elk in this region. In fact there was only a single small herd in this area. How are they supposed to get into the area and maybe flourish to replace the declining moose population?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Government sactioned poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    This happened before and the CO's wouldn't touch it. Well this morning the same guy posted it openly on his facebook page that he got another one.

It's claimed the moose are disappearing due to over hunting. Yet there is no open season for Elk in this region. In fact there was only a single small herd in this area. How are they supposed to get into the area and maybe flourish to replace the declining moose population?
    More details would be nice and also interesting. Might be a legit reason the COS can't do anything, or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadda View Post
    More details would be nice and also interesting. Might be a legit reason the COS can't do anything, or maybe not.
    Nationality is the only reason. They said because of that and because it was on private property they won't do anything about it even though they admitted it wasn't allowed.

region 5 i am guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    region 5 i am guessing?
    5-13 to be precise

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Ya this Chad fellow spanked a beauty bull at the hay stack! I was hoping they would open that Region 5 elk soon to every hunter, but looks like they are keeping it local! Not sure if this type of harvest is documented, it sure makes it hard to manage a resource when you donot know what is out there, or what is taken? With region 5 starting to look at these wildlife numbers, you would hope lessons from other regions would be used to help keep wildlife numbers in check?!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Ya this Chad fellow spanked a beauty bull at the hay stack! I was hoping they would open that Region 5 elk soon to every hunter, but looks like they are keeping it local! Not sure if this type of harvest is documented, it sure makes it hard to manage a resource when you donot know what is out there, or what is taken? With region 5 starting to look at these wildlife numbers, you would hope lessons from other regions would be used to help keep wildlife numbers in check?!
    This was just down the road from me. I was hoping that the Elk would replace the declining moose populations for large game. So the two Elk from a few months ago and now this one doesn't leave a whole lot left. There was about 10 in the herd last I seen two years ago that were in my field.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

This was just down the road from me. I was hoping that the Elk would replace the declining moose populations for large game. So the two Elk from a few months ago and now this one doesn't leave a whole lot left. There was about 10 in the herd last I seen two years ago that were in my field.
    Slowly making their way south, them elk, lots of grass for them to chew on. We have been killing predators down the Batanuni/Blackwater all year, trying to help out as much as we can! They sure like that Fraser escarpment, but lots of wolves left around the River and associated farm/ranch lands! Not sure how they are gonna make it with human preds after them too! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

There are also people hunting elk in region 3...nothing is done about it, nor can it be. The biggest problem I have here is sustainability. If there is an arguement that it is sustainable then I can't really see a problem, would be nice to see elk grow in certain areas, but if region 6-04 can do it, anywhere should be able too
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Ibtl.......
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main