Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Government sactioned poaching

Re: Government sactioned poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    Has anyone contacted the band? Had a respectful and neutral conversation about concerns with harvesting animals from such a small population.

Curious to see if there is members who disagree with what he is doing.
    Good Point there.
    Might be worth talking to the Band Council, especially the chief if he/she is willing to listen.
    Couldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Good Point there.
    Might be worth talking to the Band Council, especially the chief if he/she is willing to listen.
    Couldn't hurt.
    http://www.esdilagh.com/Governance.html

His dad is the Chief and Chad is on the Band Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    http://www.esdilagh.com/Governance.html

His dad is the Chief and Chad is on the Band Manager.
    well….s***!.
    What else can be said???
    Seems like the R5 chiefs really don't care!
    Pointing fingers at everyone else!
    But never taking responsibility that they probably only have themselves to blame.
    But they have the media's attention to blame us.
    Keeping taking photos and save them for a rainy day.
    Fire it back in the media when the time is right!

While that does lower any positive expectations I had... I would still recommend someone who's well spoken (maybe Pemby can help) write in their concerns about this from a conservation (not anti FN blah blah blah) point of view. Sometimes people get their horse blinders on and lose sight...

Not saying we should expect much. But hard to complain until someone at least tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    well….s***!.
    What else can be said???
    Seems like the R5 chiefs really don't care!
    Pointing fingers at everyone else!
    But never taking responsibility that they probably only have themselves to blame.
    But they have the media's attention to blame us.

Keeping taking photos and save them for a rainy day.
    Fire it back in the media when the time is right!
    Right here^^^^^^^

The new management plan will fix everything when FN are partners,,,,, ohhhh forget it

While that does lower any positive expectations I had... I would still recommend someone who's well spoken (maybe Pemby can help) write in their concerns about this from a conservation (not anti FN blah blah blah) point of view. Sometimes people get their horse blinders on and lose sight...

Not saying we should expect much. But hard to complain until someone at least tries.
    I think you might have just found a use for Pemba....

LOL sorry, let me know how this works out for you with the Siksika...
    This is how it works, first you kill all the females...then the pops begin to spiral downward....the anti hunters get massive media attention pointing fingers at resident hunters for the downward spiral, the government steps in with regulating resident hunters.
    What a surprise, the FN then are the only ones hunting.
    Then you have a treaty process that ties reconciliation with resources, I almost forgot about UNDRIP.
    Last edited by 338win mag; 03-06-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    LOL sorry, let me know how this works out for you with the Siksika...
    This is how it works, first you kill all the females...then the pops begin to spiral downward....the anti hunters get massive media attention pointing fingers at resident hunters for the downward spiral, the government steps in with regulating resident hunters.
    What a surprise, the FN then are the only ones hunting.
    Then you have a treaty process that ties reconciliation with resources, I almost forgot about UNDRIP.
    Yup...it's sickening alright.

I'm not saying it will work out.

But what's better? To bitch and moan on a internet forum where everyone is going to agree with you? Or take the high road, communicate productively? Maybe get a local Rod and Gun Club to be the voice.

Best case scenario...they make changes for the better.

Worst case... They do nothing, and you have proof (and most likely a response that will not look good for them) they don't care about wildlife beyond their own needs?

....both seem better then what will come from this thread. People saying things to people who already know it and agree with you.

Ok so I just got off with the CO's again. They left a message asking me to call them back. So I did.

They once again confirmed that because the private property of the Rancher lies on their Traditional FN lands, there is nothing they can go about the killing of the elk. But he did tell me two other things.

First, the band is in the process of writing up a contract with the Government to stop their members from hunting COW MOOSE. So this is at least a small step in the right direction.

The second thing he mention is that the CO's office is currently working on getting a Limited Entry Elk hunt started in this area. They said this would make it fair for everyone (White People) and will please the ranchers. But he said too it depends on how the Biologists write it up. If they list the Elk as a species of "Conservation Concern" then even the FN would need an LEH. Granted that haven't done that with the moose yet. So I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. If there is enough Elk to do a full LEH and still allow the FN to bang away at them dung till dusk.