Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Government sactioned poaching

Re: Government sactioned poaching

Karo Stein <orakenterprises@gmail.com>
    3:25 PM (0 minutes ago)
    to Temp, reception, Cheifjoe, Shane.white, todd.Doherty.C1, cstump

Dear Leaders of the ESDILAGH first Nation Government.

I am writing to enquiry on your groups harvest policy.

My question are.

1.Who decides that there is allowable harvest in a region that has the smallest elk population in the province(less than 200 according to most recent population survey I could find) and from a isolated herd at that.

2.How do you decide which band member will be conducting the so called harvest.

3. As a band manager and a leader of a community do you feel a march harvest of a elk is the best way to be a role model for your community.

I am not anti harvest I have lived my entire life of the bounty of British Colombia and believe sustainable harvest is the key.

The great grasslands of the Chilcotin could sustain a larger elk herd than anywhere else in the province however they seem to be harvested before given a chance,.

Concerned harvester
    Karo Stein
    Karibou Allan Stein

250.299.ERWE
    orakenterprises@gmail.com

Last edited by walks with deer; 03-06-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Good on you.

Not saying anything will come of it. But we have to at least try.

two mlas and regional bioligist on email...will follow up...no sense writing a essay no one will read..

Its good to see someone doing something! Too many debating and bitching here, not enough of us writing short concise letters stating fact and asking relevant questions about management, sustainability and working together. Good job walks with deer
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Well written email, please keep us posted on any response you receive. Can only imagine how frustrated some of the COs must get having their hands tied in some of these situations but it sounds like their hands may not always be bound as tightly as some of them let on...precedent can work on both sides.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Well both regional mla`s regional bioligist and both chads work and personal email on email. no response yet.. will continue to pursue nothing from alphonse either.

I prefer to be told to %^$& off rather than no reply

Forget the CO's in situations like this. A band is essentially a business. They don't want bad PR, they have built themselves up as the stewards of the land. I am so glad to see Kamloops Indian Band being just that, a leader and land manager making sure that even though they are legally allowed to harvest, it might not be whats best for the population in regards to sustainability.

Write letters to the cheifs, the counsellors, and find out who is in charge of how they harvest. If they truly are stewards of the land, they will harvest animals in a way that supports that stance.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Biologist Called me and he will be providing some honest stats on the subject email.

chad stump has not replied and hes probably making another utube video of himself singing..

Well now. Who is the rancher that invited the "hunter" onto his land?
    Have you ever talked to a stump? I have when there are no large stones handy.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"