Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Government sactioned poaching

Re: Government sactioned poaching

The real problem is with the farmer/rancher. He is most likely collecting government money for damage to haystack while acting as a wildlife control officer. The COs are remiss for not taking him to task. Your MLA should be apprised about your displeasure with the situation. That is piss poor wildlife management and needs to be addressed post haste.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    The real problem is with the farmer/rancher. He is most likely collecting government money for damage to haystack while acting as a wildlife control officer. The COs are remiss for not taking him to task. Your MLA should be apprised about your displeasure with the situation. That is piss poor wildlife management and needs to be addressed post haste.
    This^^^^^^happens all the time.

Thumbs up Re: Government sactioned poaching

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    That's laughable.

TexasWalker,

Have you discussed this with the cheif harvester for TK emlups secwepemc band??

Because I have and the band has put a moritorium on elk harvest in there region... Fine able of 10,000 on top of ministry`s pursuit. This group takes conservation very serious if your in kamloops shoot me a pm and i will gladly buy you a beer to help educate you on the process.

Original poster if you called it in did you call the wrap line or did you talk to a local Co? Have you emailed the region 5 head Co and or biologist?

I had a similar issue and the local Co office would not touch it. In a unrelated incident i was talking to the head Co from another area and the issue came up and i wanted his feedback. he took all the info i had and made the busts as it was a territory overlap the charges stuck and he called me back to say thank you. this incident made the papers.

Shane.White@gov.bc.ca 250-398-4553 See what he says email him the particulars. biologist for that area.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    TexasWalker,

Have you discussed this with the cheif harvester for TK emlups secwepemc band??

Because I have and the band has put a moritorium on elk harvest in there region... Fine able of 10,000 on top of ministry`s pursuit. This group takes conservation very serious if your in kamloops shoot me a pm and i will gladly buy you a beer to help educate you on the process.

Original poster if you called it in did you call the wrap line or did you talk to a local Co? Have you emailed the region 5 head Co and or biologist?

I had a similar issue and the local Co office would not touch it. In a unrelated incident i was talking to the head Co from another area and the issue came up and i wanted his feedback. he took all the info i had and made the busts as it was a territory overlap the charges stuck and he called me back to say thank you. this incident made the papers.
    This ^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post

First time I reported it by RAPP and the Williams Lake CO contacted me in person and was really interested right up until he found out the guy was FN. He told me there was nothing they could do about it because the "harvest" was done on private property that also happened to be in his "traditional lands".

The time I reported it directly to the Quesnel CO's because the Reserve and where this incident took place is exactly between Williams Lake and Quesnel and they too said there is nothing they could do because he was FN.

Unless the band speaks up and makes a stink the CO's don't want to get involved. But the band won't raise a stink because they guy doing this is Band Manager.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    So they openly talk about stopping the hunting of moose for everyone to seem like they care about Conservation, then are willing to hunt animals that have no open season and have less numbers than the moose population. Makes complete sense.
    Chad Stump is the fellow who killed that bull elk?
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Chad Stump is the fellow who killed that bull elk?
    That is correct

Same goes for our transplant projects elsewhere!
    I heard some FN were going into the Pitt River to hunt elk.
    FN from other bands, not the local band that has an agreement with the government and seem to be following the rules.
    Not sure what came of those "reports" I was told about.
    But again, these transplants seem to be a total waste of time if one group can just go in at anytime.
    On top of that, to hunt game at this time of year, in easy access areas is just sickening to me.
    That is not even "fair chase" at this point, at this time of year.

And to have non FN "benefit" because they know someone sickens me a well.
    It just contributes to the problem overall.

I have had people come to me and say, "hey, I have an FN buddy and I can set you up with him to join us".
    (mainly for salmon, but could do some hunting with them as well)
    I refuse! to be apart of that.
    That's not why I hunt.
    I don't just hunt for "guaranteed success".
    I want to puke!

Has anyone contacted the band? Had a respectful and neutral conversation about concerns with harvesting animals from such a small population.

Curious to see if there is members who disagree with what he is doing.