Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inreach Explorer Battery Life

Re: Inreach Explorer Battery Life

I bet the battery would last 4 weeks
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    My iphone uses about 5X as much juice as the InReach. I could go two weeks on the InReach. Note the big IR units have twice the battery life vs the Mini. That said, the Mini is what I’d buy if getting one today.

My Walmart $19 charge pack has worked good for 1.5 yrs and will charge the phone 3 times.
    was looking at the mini last night. Nifty little piece if kit. It may be just what I am after.

The Mini doesn't last as long. Smaller battery. If you leave it on all day it will last 3 days or so, less if you are sending and receiving lots of messages. If you turn it on once a day to check in for an hour it will last for over a week or more.

I must be doing something wrong if I leave mine on in my house the battery dies in 4 days

I use mine every day up here in my truck to communicate. Get one Ron. It has saved my ass so many times it's not funny.

I suspend my subscription after hunting and field season and when I turn it on 3 months later the battery is still over 90%. Great life on them.

Quote Originally Posted by .300WSMImpact! View Post
    I must be doing something wrong if I leave mine on in my house the battery dies in 4 days
    You're not doing anything wrong, you just need to change your settings on the tracks etc. It greatly helps battery life. I have mine on in the truck everyday for about 12 hours with the track set at 15 mins and it lasts about 7 ish days. I also message on it a lot up here as we have no cell service.