Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inreach Explorer Battery Life

Inreach Explorer Battery Life

Hi all.

I am considering buying on of these to replace my Gen 1 SPOT. I want the ability of 2 Way communication.

For those who use one, what sort of battery life can I expect if I am only using it to send and receive less than 4 short messages a day?

Will the battery last a 2 Weeks?

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Inreach Explorer Battery Life

Depends if you leave it on, or just turn it on for windows throughout the day.
    Mine will last4-5 days if I never turn it off. If I turn it off and on twice day to check in with home. I use less then 10%battery.

if you turn down brightness option, check msg's frequency and other battery saver options it should last about 5-6 days. if you turn it on just when you need it and at least off during the night, you can probably get a few more days. Look into getting a compact battery charger to go with it that you can leave at camp and recharge at end of day.

Also I understand there are more satellites now and quicker connections but I haven't tested that yet. Can Tire & other outlets have battery packs that will charge the Inreach. I used mine last year while prospecting and only needed to recharge once I was not using my cel phone in partner with it. I had to ditch my sat phone as the cost was too high just for a couple of weeks or so of use.

I would say two weeks would be absolutely no problem. I don't use mine constantly but I can only remember charging it a few times in the year since I bought it.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

It lasts a very long time. I carry a small battery back just incase but it’s never came close to dieing

I send about 10 messages a day, only turning it on once i need it (i.e. check in at lunch on maybe 20 minutes) and again in the evening.

Easily lasts two weeks, maybe only like 30% battery used.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

I bought a solar charger for multi day trips...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

My iphone uses about 5X as much juice as the InReach. I could go two weeks on the InReach. Note the big IR units have twice the battery life vs the Mini. That said, the Mini is what I’d buy if getting one today.

My Walmart $19 charge pack has worked good for 1.5 yrs and will charge the phone 3 times.
    Last edited by Blockcaver; 03-04-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks boys.thays what I was hoping to hear. I have no desire to add any more weight or items to my pack than I need and would prefer not having to carry a charger.