Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garrison lakes

Garrison lakes

Anyone share any pics or stories. Been 8 years since I have visited. Access Sunday summit or whipsaw garrison fsr. Hike in lake. Great spot. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Garrison lakes

Quote Originally Posted by natebavis View Post
    Anyone share any pics or stories. Been 8 years since I have visited. Access Sunday summit or whipsaw garrison fsr. Hike in lake. Great spot. Thanks
    There is an atv trail right to the lake. The trail also connects to the whipsaw side. You can actually get there from eastgate if your into atv,ing. Quickest way is sunday summit.
    Hunting the promised land

You can atv from the Sunday summit access at 17 km. The trail I took had a pretty natural gulley I figured an atv could not make it. Guess a little hard work can make er happen. Cheers Dino. You fish it last few years. Any fun

My boyfriend and his grandpa used to take there horses into the garrison lakes years ago from the hwy they would walk the horses in. He said back then the garrison lakes had huge fish back then.
    Then in 1997 he took me into the lakes in the spring and we would go fishing it was a nice peacefull lake. Not to much of a walk to get to the lakes with the belly boat. We did that for about 8 years or so.
    Then about 8 years ago or so we walked back into the lakes and what a disappointment it was at the little lake someone left garbage all over the place and the fire was still smoldering what a mess to think people could do that at such a beautifull lake. I have never went back.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Son lives in Princeton and he spends a lot of time up there fishing, camping, scouting and such.
    He got a spike mulie at the end of any buck last year there.
    Says he saw lots of signs and bucks there.
    I believe he accesses it from Whipsaw.
    I hope to spend some time up there this year, sounds like a nice area.

Quote Originally Posted by natebavis View Post
    You can atv from the Sunday summit access at 17 km. The trail I took had a pretty natural gulley I figured an atv could not make it. Guess a little hard work can make er happen. Cheers Dino. You fish it last few years. Any fun
    I tried to fish it but no luck that day. We could actually see the fish and they are large but not biting. Im more into cutting trail.
    Hunting the promised land

Hows the elk hunting around there these days

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Hows the elk hunting around there these days
    I’ve seen very large bulls in the area. I use to go there a lot to fish. One of my fav spots in BC, spring fly fishing, evening bear hunts. Too bad I live to far away now.

But so much has changed up there as well.
    I know of one "monster bull", well into the 400's that came out of the area close by.
    You wont see that again up there....ever.

Hearing about the "garbage" is sad to say the least.
    Seems like that occurs more and more everywhere.
    I can't believe some of the crap I come across on my still hunts in some areas.
    Generally, the closer to a town the worse it gets.
    Unfortunately, areas within a few hours drive of the big city seem to show more and more signs of abuse and over use!

Sad reality of a growing population, and wont get better, only worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    But so much has changed up there as well.
    I know of one "monster bull", well into the 400's that came out of the area close by.
    You wont see that again up there....ever.

Hearing about the "garbage" is sad to say the least.
    Seems like that occurs more and more everywhere.
    I can't believe some of the crap I come across on my still hunts in some areas.
    Generally, the closer to a town the worse it gets.
    Unfortunately, areas within a few hours drive of the big city seem to show more and more signs of abuse and over use!

Sad reality of a growing population, and wont get better, only worse.
    Sorry don't have the Hunting regs in front of me . Is there a season for elk there or LEH ?
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake