Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using slider sights?

Re: Anyone using slider sights?

Quote Originally Posted by jamfarm View Post
    I’d like to know which route you go. I have an HHA slider and after a yardage screw up this fall I’m considering going to an Axcel rheostat 5 pin.
    Absolutely. Thanks for taking the time to write. Month out...waiting on bonus hahahaha

Its usually a toss up. Some guys prefer a cleaner sight picture with the downside of having to dial range. While others prefer a crowded sight picture with the upside being quick ranges. I personally shoot a single pin much better. Keep it on 30 yards and I can hold over/under slightly for 20/40 yards.

A slider sight is a game changer in my opinion.
    I’m running a BG with 4 pins. 19thou top pins and an 11thou bottom pin which I find perfect for the sliding long ranges. The ability to shoot 4 pins fixed( for me 20,30,40,50 yards) for quick reference etc and then slide to extended ranges with my bottom pin is now a must have.
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Quote Originally Posted by ThinAir View Post
    A slider sight is a game changer in my opinion.
    I’m running a BG with 4 pins. 19thou top pins and an 11thou bottom pin which I find perfect for the sliding long ranges. The ability to shoot 4 pins fixed( for me 20,30,40,50 yards) for quick reference etc and then slide to extended ranges with my bottom pin is now a must have.
    Perfect thanks for the info. Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    I se an HHA slider and it seems to be built very well. Price is reasonable and the pin is bright. Would recommend one.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I second this.
    I 3rd these gentlemen, I have an HHA KP5519xl sight on my new bow (Bowtech SR6) and absolutely love it! Very well made, extremely bright pin that can be dimmed via the sliding or rotating "rheostat" shroud as they call it. I may end up getting another one for my Carbon Overdrive bow and ditch the Apex Gear covert pro sight that is on it now

Thanks for all the feedback folks...truly appreciate it.

went with the 3 pin axel...really easy to set, tune and dial. Thought the adjustable brightness dial was kind of wonky but really like it now. Easy to turn up or turn down pin brightness

Thanks again for the replies!!

Fast Eddie 5 pin, will be the only sight I ever have on my bow.

The BG sliders aren't as strong as you think, seen them bend at a 3D shoot with a relatively mellow slip/fall.

Thread might be dead but I will chime in, I've only ever used single pin PSE Sliders, my shots are always 25ish cause I'm on my own farm so I keep my pin around there. I will say that I now must have a light on all my sights, love it! maybe its cause I've got older eyes, but what ever sight you get make sure it can take a light.

I picked up a CBE Engage Hybrid sight. I still haven't sighted it in due to covid messing up my visits to the range, but it's a really nice sight. I bought the 5 pin version but it seemed too "busy" inside the housing so I removed 2 pins.