Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using slider sights?

Anyone using slider sights?

Looking at buying an Axcel slider (have an Axcel 7-pin). Anyone else using one of these? What's the word on the Black Gold sites? IMO there is a couple spots on the BG sight where the fibre optic is exposed. Any issues?
    Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone using slider sights?

I looked at a bunch of sliders before I picked my spot Hogg fast Eddie XL double pin, I can’t say much in the way of the axcel or BG but I was debating between CBE, HHA and the spot Hogg, I went with the spothogg because of the simple and tough design. The new black gold sliders look pretty slick though.

BG are built tough as they come. The warranty is the best there is, no matter what you do to it its covered no questions asked.

I have two BG sliders, an Ascent and a Whitetail. The adjustment dial sticks way out on the Ascent. They shortened the axle a bit (1/4" or so) on the Whitetail so it is better, but in discussion with BG, I found you could get an even shorter dial axle with a special order. I converted the Ascent to the shorter dial and really like the dial sitting closer to the site. It is less vulnerable and will get stuck less often in willows when you are moose and caribou hunting. The stock dial on my 3-year old Ascent had a lot of the anodizing worn away from the brush and even rocks when I sent it in this winter. It still dialed fine without issue, just will be nice to have it set closer to the site now. Good luck!

I se an HHA slider and it seems to be built very well. Price is reasonable and the pin is bright. Would recommend one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    I se an HHA slider and it seems to be built very well. Price is reasonable and the pin is bright. Would recommend one.
    I second this.

thanks for note

great info thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    I have two BG sliders, an Ascent and a Whitetail. The adjustment dial sticks way out on the Ascent. They shortened the axle a bit (1/4" or so) on the Whitetail so it is better, but in discussion with BG, I found you could get an even shorter dial axle with a special order. I converted the Ascent to the shorter dial and really like the dial sitting closer to the site. It is less vulnerable and will get stuck less often in willows when you are moose and caribou hunting. The stock dial on my 3-year old Ascent had a lot of the anodizing worn away from the brush and even rocks when I sent it in this winter. It still dialed fine without issue, just will be nice to have it set closer to the site now. Good luck!
    great info thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaller View Post
    Looking at buying an Axcel slider (have an Axcel 7-pin). Anyone else using one of these? What's the word on the Black Gold sites? IMO there is a couple spots on the BG sight where the fibre optic is exposed. Any issues?
    Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply!!
    I’d like to know which route you go. I have an HHA slider and after a yardage screw up this fall I’m considering going to an Axcel rheostat 5 pin.