Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Leh

Re: Leh

Either the Sask or Alta system would be a welcome improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Moose63 View Post
    The Alberta system is more fair.
    It has its benefits and its drawbacks for sure. Needs a bit of a re-vamp but overall is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose63 View Post
    The Alberta system is more fair.
    How does the Alberta system work? If there are "points" accumulated...it's far less fair than our system. Ours is a true lottery.
    Points only help until you hit max points, then your odds start to reduce again...putting you slowly back onto a level playing field!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    How does the Alberta system work? If there are "points" accumulated...it's far less fair than our system. Ours is a true lottery.
    Points only help until you hit max points, then your odds start to reduce again...putting you slowly back onto a level playing field!
    Yup I agree. There is nothing more fair than everyone having equal odds. The only thing I could see improving our system is to have more extreme reduced odds for those higher demand hunts. For example if you win something that is say 10-1 odds or worse, your odds are reduced for 5-10 years for any hunt with those kinds of odds. I don't know how much this would help, but its something at least.
    Last edited by Skull Hunter; 03-18-2019 at 09:25 AM.

when can we apply for LEH, I need a little hope, my hope in hunting is falling everyday with how its been taken away by governments and lobby groups ever day

Could be any day now. Winter is on its way out right now, sunny days makes the snow disapear. Start with shed antler hunting, then turkey hunting, then bear hunting, then open water fishing, then bow season, then everything..... LEH is somewhere in there but Ill be busy until I dont draw anything and will continue to be busy after that. Hope I get my LEH grouse tags this year or the dog wont be happy.

I will continue with my donations...at least it goes to a good cause...or so I think lol

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Could be any day now. Winter is on its way out right now, sunny days makes the snow disapear. Start with shed antler hunting, then turkey hunting, then bear hunting, then open water fishing, then bow season, then everything..... LEH is somewhere in there but Ill be busy until I dont draw anything and will continue to be busy after that. Hope I get my LEH grouse tags this year or the dog wont be happy.
    You can even hunt hare as we speak.

My guess will be April 18,so get it together you have a couple weeks to think about what your going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    I pulled a once in a lifetime Rosie draw last year, did 2 scouting trips, a hundred hours of research, found 5-6 herds with wall hanger bulls ... then the hunt came, spent 12 days in the bush, dawn to dusk, fate and conditions conspired against me, didn't see a single bull!

Oh well... I almost wish I didn't get the draw to begin with ... then again it was a fun endeavor, just stings that I will never get the chance again.
    Well at least you put in some serious effort! And I bet it was so much fun from scouting until the day you had to pull camp...good times to be remebered forever Im sure! Im jealuous
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member