Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Leh

Re: Leh

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    But to that same effect, if you are flexible you should be able to pull a moose draw easily in BC. Same with a lot of the species that run in several regions. Its just that people don't want to be flexible, they want that back yard hunt. I can't remember not having moose meat in my freezer in the last decade...theres always been something, even when I get down to the short strokes...I haven't shot a GOS moose in 10 years either. Its not that Im lucky, I just am smart about it. There are lots of opportunities to get a cow elk draw in the province as well.

A big majority of hunters in BC are from the LML and VI...so that being said, is it those people that are unwilling to drive 20h to be successful? Im just curious or asking...I also get that people more northern that live in moose country want that backyard hunt but...its not hard to fill your freezer in BC
    Its a matter of playing the odds with both systems the only big things I like with the point system is ability to plan a hunt knowing who in your group will be drawn and if you really want a priority draw bad enough it’s only a matter of time

Both provinces have ways to provide opportunity BC you can travel and hunt Alberta you pick up a bow stay close with minimal restrictions

Really it is what you’re willing to do to get out and hunt in both provinces LEH system and regs wise

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Its a matter of playing the odds with both systems the only big things I like with the point system is ability to plan a hunt knowing who in your group will be drawn and if you really want a priority draw bad enough it’s only a matter of time

Both provinces have ways to provide opportunity BC you can travel and hunt Alberta you pick up a bow stay close with minimal restrictions

Really it is what you’re willing to do to get out and hunt in both provinces LEH system and regs wise
    So I can put in for Alberta system and not need a resident to go with me? Or I have to hunt bow only?

And also, Im just making points for the sake of it...

I basically have 3 hunts planned every year. Each of those hunts depends on what happens. I plan a GOS moose, a GOS elk and a third hunt that is unknown LEH. If we hit LEH then thats the hunt we go on, I don't really need more than 3 months to plan a hunt, but I can appreciate people that need to book time off further out than 3 months.
    Last edited by Darksith; 04-01-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    So I can put in for Alberta system and not need a resident to go with me? Or I have to hunt bow only?

And also, Im just making points for the sake of it...

I basically have 3 hunts planned every year. Each of those hunts depends on what happens. I plan a GOS moose, a GOS elk and a third hunt that is unknown LEH. If we hit LEH then thats the hunt we go on, I don't really need more than 3 months to plan a hunt, but I can appreciate people that need to book time off further out than 3 months.
    Non resident still needs a host you can apply for most draws(sheep has non resident draw). You can hunt all open seasons general or archery (sheep is different). Small game same as B.C.

Non resident alien can even hunt with a host but don’t know all the rules here

I get what your saying about how you plan your hunts in BC I plan GOS and draws change things. The ability to plan hunts with the Alberta system mostly shines when playing with a partner because you can plan it so both draw a tag so one is not just playing pack mule. Another nice option on years when you expect bad winter kill or say temporary access issues come up you just apply for priority only and wait for a year with better conditions

The management, leh system, use of archery seasons and quality of hunting is very different between the 2 provs.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Haha that's halarious where did you find that gem

Facebook...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Non resident still needs a host you can apply for most draws(sheep has non resident draw). You can hunt all open seasons general or archery (sheep is different). Small game same as B.C.

Non resident alien can even hunt with a host but don’t know all the rules here

I get what your saying about how you plan your hunts in BC I plan GOS and draws change things. The ability to plan hunts with the Alberta system mostly shines when playing with a partner because you can plan it so both draw a tag so one is not just playing pack mule. Another nice option on years when you expect bad winter kill or say temporary access issues come up you just apply for priority only and wait for a year with better conditions

The management, leh system, use of archery seasons and quality of hunting is very different between the 2 provs.
    I would like to see changes made in BC for sure, maybe not necessarily so much with the LEH system, but there are things I don't understand. Why can't we hunt mose of december, at least in some MU's and at least for some species...like lets get a white tail season that extends to Dec 31 maybe where they are finding WT moving into mule deer territory. I'd also like to see more bow only opportunities possibly to extend seasons. I don't hunt much with my bow, but if there was more incentive to I certainly would.

Also, I never put in for moose as a single. Put in as a group, then you never have to be concerned about being a pack mule haha.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Can we apply yet?

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    Can we apply yet?
    No not yet...

Should be able to apply sometime around August 15th

Should be able to apply sometime around August 15th
    This year?
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo