Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Leh

Re: Leh

Quote Originally Posted by bc7mm View Post
    Either the Sask or Alta system would be a welcome improvement
    completely disagree...too many high odd hunts. Just hunt GOS if you don't win...lots of opportunity out there. What we need is our money to go directly into the budget of the wildlife managers...that would increase opportunity so much. Talking with a land manager he said if he got our money, he would be hard pressed to spend it all...wouldn't that be something! We are the only jurisdiction that doesn't put our cash back into conservation and management. WTF
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    completely disagree...too many high odd hunts. Just hunt GOS if you don't win...lots of opportunity out there. What we need is our money to go directly into the budget of the wildlife managers...that would increase opportunity so much. Talking with a land manager he said if he got our money, he would be hard pressed to spend it all...wouldn't that be something! We are the only jurisdiction that doesn't put our cash back into conservation and management. WTF

High odds draws in Alberta are run just like BC no priority points. System could work here in BC but many don’t realize how the system really works and that once odds get to a certain point random is the only way. The only thing Alberta does different with some of their draws is you can only get drawn once in your life time

I do agree with funds generated by hunting should go to wildlife

Arrow Re: Leh

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    High odds draws in Alberta are run just like BC no priority points. System could work here in BC but many don’t realize how the system really works and that once odds get to a certain point random is the only way. The only thing Alberta does different with some of their draws is you can only get drawn once in your life time

I do agree with funds generated by hunting should go to wildlife
    First, all funding should go back to the wildlife YES. In addition to what is already committed to that task. Period.

Second: There are much better examples out there than Alberta (although it is better than BC by far) regarding how to run an LEH draw. Many of the Western States long ago realized there are several "layers" or "pressure levels" on the various kinds of tags available. The least subscribed are on an increasing priority point basis (every year you put in increases your odds for the next). The middle of the road are run the same, with multi-year disqualifications following a successful draw. The high end (such as Island Rosie or Kamloops Sheep) are on a lottery (such as here) and are a true "once in a lifetime" draw. Such a system is fair, equitable, and makes a hell of a lot more sense than the foolishness we put up with here. Really.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    First time in many years I,m not going to bother. It is a scam.
    That's what they're hoping for! Put in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    First, all funding should go back to the wildlife YES. In addition to what is already committed to that task. Period.

Second: There are much better examples out there than Alberta (although it is better than BC by far) regarding how to run an LEH draw. Many of the Western States long ago realized there are several "layers" or "pressure levels" on the various kinds of tags available. The least subscribed are on an increasing priority point basis (every year you put in increases your odds for the next). The middle of the road are run the same, with multi-year disqualifications following a successful draw. The high end (such as Island Rosie or Kamloops Sheep) are on a lottery (such as here) and are a true "once in a lifetime" draw. Such a system is fair, equitable, and makes a hell of a lot more sense than the foolishness we put up with here. Really.

Cheers,
    Nog
    I disagree.

Fair means an equal chance for everyone, everytime.

If some people have increased odds, or decreased odds, or are precluded from putting in at all...that's not fair or equal.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    I disagree.

Fair means an equal chance for everyone, everytime.

If some people have increased odds, or decreased odds, or are precluded from putting in at all...that's not fair or equal.
    I used to think that way till I spent a few years hunting under the system. The ability to plan your hunts perfectly because you know your draw results is way nicer

Don’t have big issue with BCs system I get drawn every year to every second year playing the odds. But prefer the point system for the ability to plan hunts. That and being able to buy leftover tags in Alberta

Don’t worry BC fears change too much to consider there is a better option lol

so in the other systems, can you put in for more than 1 moose region or say sheep region annually? or do you have to commit to a region and stick with it until you get it?
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

so in the other systems, can you put in for more than 1 moose region or say sheep region annually? or do you have to commit to a region and stick with it until you get it?
    Not stuck to one region and in Alberta you can apply 999 for that draw category which just builds priority with no chance of being drawn if you want. Doe/cow, buck/bull, archery/rifle draw are different priority as well so you can build priority for cow moose and bull moose at the same time but can only draw a max of one moose tag a year.

You can basically build priority look at the odds for the draw for the species, and sex then cash in for the areas you have enough points for when you want that style of hunt. It still involves playing the odds but you basically know if you will be drawn or not according to the points you have

You can still apply low odds basically getting drawn every year but with the option of buy tags that were not drawn most do this and save their points for draws the prefer to get

Like I posted earlier there is still random draws for tags with crazy odds

so people that are willing to spend more get priority faster is what you are saying?
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

so people that are willing to spend more get priority faster is what you are saying?
    No you can only apply 1 time for each draw category

The only draw you can buy is the leftover tags after the draw and it’s first come first serve