Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2019 Sportsman show Tradex

Re: 2019 Sportsman show Tradex

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Wife and I spent @ 2 hours there yesterday, Friday afternoon is great for us old retired folks, not much of a crowd.
    Chatted with lovemywinchester at the Minn Kota booth, he was very helpful in my choosing an appropriate electric motor for my 12 ft. Went across the aisle and chatted with PoCo Marine and got a decent price on one, they didn't have any there so I'll likely order one, they ship for free. Did pick up a neat LED "Lantern" for the cabin.
    Dropped by the "Tapped Tree" booth to say Hi to a fellow Tulameener, he has a really neat drink dispenser made out of a tree chunk, you have to see them.
    Was looking for cheep fly rod cases for the Son, he picked up a few at really good prices last year but none to find this year. We did pick him up some frozen salmon candy tho'.
    Had hoped there would be more "affordable" 16 ft. boats that would be a Lake and Fraser boat but not much in the range we wanted.
    Stayed away from the gun booths, have way too many already and didn't want to fall to the urge.
    Seems there is a lot of decently priced clothing, other than that kept the wallets in our pockets.
    If you go, remember to buy your parking ticket after parking, you don't pay on the way out as in years ago. There were quite a few ( usually old timers ) that ended up in the show ticket line without a parking ticket.
    All in all a decent way to spend a few hours.
    Iron Glove
    You mentioned gun booths. Could you tell me who was there Local Gun Shops or Manufacturers
    Thank You !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Iron Glove
    You mentioned gun booths. Could you tell me who was there Local Gun Shops or Manufacturers
    Thank You !
    Arctic Lake
    I just PM'd ya.

Spent the morning there today with Elkhound and Grumpa Joe. There was a fantastic Elk call presentation put on by Travis from Wapati River Outdoors was bloody fantastic! This alone made the show worthwhile for me. My 7yr daughter old was already hooked, but now that Elkhound bought her a pink lady cow call she is on cloud nine especially now that she can make that thing squawk.
    Tight groups Safe hunts

Quote Originally Posted by Billybird View Post
    Spent the morning there today with Elkhound and Grumpa Joe. There was a fantastic Elk call presentation put on by Travis from Wapati River Outdoors was bloody fantastic! This alone made the show worthwhile for me. My 7yr daughter old was already hooked, but now that Elkhound bought her a pink lady cow call she is on cloud nine especially now that she can make that thing squawk.
    Great for you guy's ! Getting the youth into it as well !
    Arctic Lake

Ow that was an expensive trip got a new 4 boys boatloader
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by Billybird View Post
    I watched the same presentation, he's an excellent caller and a really nice guy.
    I ended up leaving with a new bugle and a set of his reeds, wife has been really thrilled about it so far lol

Travis is a great guy, I have used his reeds for years and they are awesome. The man can flat out speak elk!