Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DFO Buried Scientists Concerns Regarding Steelhead

Re: DFO Buried Scientists Concerns Regarding Steelhead

What a good start would be is for all stakeholders Native, Sports and commercial all getting together and working with a common goal of saving the Thompson River steelhead, or a total closure for EVERYONE will be put in place. If you can't work as one especially with First Nations the steelhead are doomed if it's not too late already.

walks with deer : you should see what comes out of the nets when they commercial fish kamloops lake

Buddy I would like to know more about the KL Comm fishery and what they NET out and when Please ! RJ

IMHO until there is valid control of all user groups and a sustainable management plan that includes an aggressive stocking program, these stocks are doomed.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Only chance these fish have is ZERO netting within the Fraser...both FN and commercial!

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Only chance these fish have is ZERO netting within the Fraser...both FN and commercial!
    Including ZERO catch and release. TOTAL CLOSURE no"trout" fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    my favorite foods are red spring than sockeye,next blacktail and 4th moose..5th mule deer..lately i eat alot of trout and whitetail from populations that are high and hard to impact...
    pull the nets...is a good start.
    One of my favorites is Steelhead. And that fishery (on the Skeena) was taken away from me years ago. Why? Not because of a science based decision. The Steelhead science based decisions in this province is sickening comparable to the Grizzly hunt in my opinion.

Keta I agree 100%....the Thompson should be a complete closure from Sept 20 on. The spey guys still.up.tjere just before it closes is ****ed. They know what they are targeting. Still.need a hero shot with a the most endangered steelhead in BC.

The last thing we need on the skeena is a kill fishery for steelhead. If you want to eat steelhead you have got year round opportunities to.kill hatchery steelhead. Why do you need to eat a wild one?

Thumbs down Re: DFO Buried Scientists Concerns Regarding Steelhead

“One of the things we agreed upon was that we would look to direct our officials to work in collaborative ways going forward to ensure that there is no finger-pointing between the federal government and the province,” said Wilkinson.

Deputy minister's blistering letter "flagged some concerns" for federal fisheries minister

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/deputy-ministers-blistering-letter-flagged-some-concerns-for-federal-fisheries-minister

Seems the feds are more concerned about saving face than any real accountability or progress that might help in these matters...

Sad,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me