Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves in 100 Mile House??

Wolves in 100 Mile House??

I was ice fishing near 100 mile house a few weeks ago and saw LOTS of tracks that were huge! I am thinking they were wolf tracks because I have never seen dog/coyote tracks so big. Are there wolves in the area? I know they werent just a big domesticated dog because there were no human tracks for about 1-2 km.

2. Site Sponsor

Pemby_mess Guest

Re: Wolves in 100 Mile House??

There are definitely wolves in 100 mile. However, there are also large domesticated guardian breeds, belonging to the many small livestock operations in the area, of which some tend to roam large distances. I wouldn't be able to differentiate their tracks from a large wolf; if iits even possible to do so, i'm not sure.

Hundred mile house is over ran with wolves
    the deer and moose have been hit hard in all of the cariboo

I Lived on Bridge Lake for the last 16 years 2001-2017 and the Wolves started moving in big time around 2008 ! The area has a LOT of Wolves and NOT many Yotes anymore ! Deer & Moose POP is WAY down too ! RJ

Owen88 What Lake were you Ice Fishing ? RJ

I’m 20 minutes from town and we have a ton of wolves and yotes... a friend was over in the fall for a deer hunt and we saw a pack of 7 big assed wolves lounging on a hillside about 250 yards away having just killed a neighbors calf... he missed with my 243 while I just tossed some Hail Mary lead with a 30-30..

I’ve reduced the coyote numbers by a few but so far my first wolf eludes me..
    --------------------------------------------
    "If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting." Aristotle
    --------------------------------------------
    United Bowhunters of BC (Lifer)
    Backcountry Horsemen of BC.

Good on you Rod RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I Lived on Bridge Lake for the last 16 years 2001-2017 and the Wolves started moving in big time around 2008 ! The area has a LOT of Wolves and NOT many Yotes anymore ! Deer & Moose POP is WAY down too ! RJ
    That's about the time we started seeing wolves too.
    And, as you say, with the wolves moving in, way less coyote sign.

I have seen them in broad daylight on the FSR's between 100 Mile and Lac la hache. I don't think we ever found a spot we weren't walking on wolf tracks every step.

On a local face book page there is pictures of wolves in Quesnel on the river between the West Fraser log yard and the pulp mill, that's basically in town