Thread: Incredibly rare trained hunting pack llamas! Free board available in abbotsford

Incredibly rare trained hunting pack llamas! Free board available in abbotsford

Get the edge on everybody else and go farther, hunt harder, and stay longer. These are trained pack llamas that hold several advantages over horses. They cannot pack as much as a horse and you can't ride them however they beat out a horse in every other way. The are way cheaper to maintain and a lot less work. Eating only 10% of what a horse eats and part of the camel family drinking next to nothing for water(perfect alpine hunting). They have a very calm disposition and can be staked out at camp all day if you want to leave them behind. They have a split hoof like a goat and can climb extremely steep terrain and have no impact on the ground. You cannot use just any llama for packing as they need to be a carra llama which is a big boned larger animal that have been bred for packing for 1000's of years starting with the Inca in the Andes. I can guarantee you you will not be able to find any other trained pack llamas for sale anywhere else in the province. The current hunting regulations do not allow them to be used in northern B.C however you can use them in southern B.C( i.e Kooteneys). The llama community if fighting these regulations and is expecting them to be eventually overturned. I plan on doing some stone sheep hunting over the next few years so unfortunately will not be able to use them. My loss your gain.These will extend your hunting career, save your back and pack your camp into places you wouldn't dream of going. Hunting with llamas is gaining popularity in Colorado and Montana as you can see what they can do in this clip.These come as a pair and the price is $6000 for the pair (includes saddles and pannier). If you do not have a property for them I am keeping them on a farm that is not charging any board. All you have to supply is the feed and the landowners will feed them for you daily.Property is located in Abbotsford. Also available is a 2 horse trailer for an additional $2500.00. https://youtu.be/pAQb1XLGnBY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08104 (1).jpg  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Incredibly rare trained hunting pack llamas! Free board available in abbotsford

Interesting read. It would be cool to cruise around on foot without having to carry gear.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Re: Incredibly rare trained hunting pack llamas! Free board available in abbotsford

Not allowed to use members of the "camelid" family in Regions 6, 7A or 7B for hunting purposes, including as pack animals. (excluding Haida Qwaii).