Thread: Wyoming draw

Wyoming draw

I'm wanting to enter this year for Antelope, could someone help with the how too enter... etc

Thanks

Danny

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wyoming draw

Planning on hunting this year or building points?

If plan is to hunt you'll want to research zones that require no PP to draw. Look at last year's draw odds and then take into account a bit of a change from year to year.

Wyoming Game and Fish has a great resource on the steps and makes it easy to sign up and apply for a zone. You can apply for regular or special tag (pay more to get into a slightly higher point bracket).

Great state to hunt in, tons of cool areas and a ton of antelope down there

Thanks for the info!!

I'd like to.hunt this year. When is the draw open and close?

Not sure, you are best to check their site. I just buy a preference point each year currently.

Call Eric at WTA (Worldwide Trophy Adventures) and have him set up WY and all the other states you may be interested in. In 10 years now he has
    helped me draw, WY elk, AZ Elk, MT Bighorn and CO Mule deer. Once you have been doing it a few years you can pretty much guarantee yourself a
    trophy managed draw area every other year.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

I assume that yo plan on going guided as you are just beginning to research. There are a few posts on this and other sites . There is a ton of info on the web. Wyoming is very good at supplying info but you must start early as they can be painfully slow getting the required papers to you. Rifle or bow - it makes a huge difference on the permits needed. You'll be spending hours on the pc. If you find good outfitters as I have, they will do a lot of it for you and be of immense help. How big of a pronghorn do you want? Many questions to ask yourself before you begin. Good luck.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"