Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queen Charlottes High Country Black-Tails?

Re: Queen Charlottes High Country Black-Tails?

Some of the guys who work for Sitka Gear did this hunt last year. There was pictures online. They were successful.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    You jealous?
    Of what?????
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Last edited by ForealBoreal; 01-02-2022 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForealBoreal View Post
    Steven Drake and I believe Connor Gabbott did a high alpine Haida Gwaii Hunt. Journal of mountain hunting had a podcast on it and Steven did a YouTube video of take aways from the trip.
    totally do able. Just have to put some sweat equity into it. Coastal jungle of fun.
    Thanks man appreciate it, searched the web and found the podcast I will be listening to it tonight.
    "You have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable." -Remi Warren

BCWF, WSSBC

I Cannot BELIEVE the STUPID Black Bear LEH in the QCIslands ! another POPULOUS BullSh*t deal just like the G bear Ban ! jmo RJ

Sorry for the Derail !

I was there the last year of it being open for general open season. There were only a couple of posters around in queen charlottes city, stating an end to the bear hunt. Something about it being spiritual etc. the very next yearly went to leh with 1 or 2 rags handed out only. Weird weird weird. Tones and tones of bears there on that trip. Too many in my opinion. We reduced the numbers by a bit.

They could have a 50 + Bear LEH's Easily there ! Hippies and FN's ! Leaf Lickers - Flower Sniffers ! and POLITICIANS got it all FU*KED up ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Goretzky View Post
    Some of the guys who work for Sitka Gear did this hunt last year. There was pictures online. They were successful.
    Watches the same video I believe. They were flown into a remote part of the west coast of the island. Hiked to alpine and hunted Bucks with bows in hand. I think they took a couple. Saw many deer and looked like weather cooperated. Saw lots of bears too. Was a good watch. I tried to find it again but couldnt

The Charlottes is the only place in BC that I have ever hunted and felt unwelcome. One of our group was actually singled out for wearing camo and told he wasn't wanted there by the lady shuttle driver that took us from the airport into town. As to the hunting... five of us in two groups, all experienced international hunters, shot exactly 0 deer in 5 days. Saw one little buck at the ferry terminal parking lot and one spike near top of one mountain. That was it.

We walked for miles on old grown in roads, carefully walked along beaches and road hunted the north and south islands in what was basically a week of typhoons. None of us had ever seen rain coming in horizontally in sheets before.

I did get the drop on a solid black bear and then noted right at point of shot that there were cubs present. Too bad as that was the last year of open black bear season in The Charlottes.

Ended up going to Alaska's Admiralty Island out of Juneau with some of the same group to get our Sitkas. I would like to go back as it's not normally like that.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

I wouldn’t rule out hunting the bogs too. Hike into Naikoon park or take a quad down the beach towards rose spit (have to stay out of the ecological reserve). I saw some nice 4 point bucks last fall. Some of the bogs are like huthe African Savanah - really cool looking with visibility for hundreds of metres and easy to walk through.