Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV restrictions 3-28/29/30

ATV restrictions 3-28/29/30

I know there are no atv,s allowed from sept to dec for hunting I do not see where i would be restricted for spring bear is there any info I might have missed

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ATV restrictions 3-28/29/30

No, no restrictions in the spring , only in the fall.

Yep, go for it! Kind of a stupid rule I thought. All about protecting the mulies I guess, which is ok by me.

It is a safety issue. The fire also burned underground. Be very careful on the skidder trails and old overgrown roads and trails. The tree root's have burned up leaving a ditch like affect, some are real deep and you may not see it until the last second. Trees that are still standing dont have the root structure to keep them planted or anchored to the ground so there are lots of felled trees so you will be constantly clearing trails. Be safe.
    Last edited by sames14; 02-18-2019 at 09:56 PM.

I think there are a few of those fire barrier roads that are off limit full time!?
    I might be wrong.
    I know most normal roads and slash roads are open outside of hunting for orv's etc.
    But I think those fire barriers are not to be travelled in at all (could be wrong?)

the places I hunt have not been impacted by the fires but are in the MU.s

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Yep, go for it! Kind of a stupid rule I thought. All about protecting the mulies I guess, which is ok by me.
    Could be why there's a restriction there.

But in Reg 5-13 for example, hunting with ATV's restictions were put in to keep locals out of guide areas.

No trucks or quads etc except on existing roads within the Elephant Hill wildfire area. Effective until Dec 31st 2020

They put a 1 Year extension on the CLOSURE from Jan 1 2019 to Dec 31 2019 ! NO USAGE of ATV for any hunting purposes for the whole Year ! I doubt they will EVER lift the Closure ! Many thanks to the Ashcroft FN Band ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    They put a 1 Year extension on the CLOSURE from Jan 1 2019 to Dec 31 2019 ! NO USAGE of ATV for any hunting purposes for the whole Year ! I doubt they will EVER lift the Closure ! Many thanks to the Ashcroft FN Band ! RJ
    You're such a racist Jim
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕