Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATV restrictions 3-28/29/30

Re: ATV restrictions 3-28/29/30

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    They put a 1 Year extension on the CLOSURE from Jan 1 2019 to Dec 31 2019 ! NO USAGE of ATV for any hunting purposes for the whole Year ! I doubt they will EVER lift the Closure ! Many thanks to the Ashcroft FN Band ! RJ
    Many thanks is right now only the first nation people are allowed to use atv's with in the burn area, and this year they were charging trespass fees to pick morel mushrooms in the spring.................WTF???

It's all bogus. I've done a bunch of riding around the 5-1 Interlakes Trails (which are exempt). There are signs on the fire breaks and roads -- no motorized vehicles allowed -- which is fine. The fire opened up some areas but no more that the logging that goes on. There's still lots of forest for the deer. This is the Northern end of the fire so maybe it's worse by Loon Lake. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyduck View Post
    Many thanks is right now only the first nation people are allowed to use atv's with in the burn area, and this year they were charging trespass fees to pick morel mushrooms in the spring.................WTF???
    Yea WTF is Right !they had a Fancy Painted sign sayin all that CRAP right at the Junction of Hwy 24 and East Sheridan Lake road - But SOMEONE cut it down and thru it over the bank ! No Idea who it was ! RJ

Poss a Local REDNECK !
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 02-18-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sames14 View Post
    It is a safety issue. The fire also burned underground. Be very careful on the skidder trails and old overgrown roads and trails. The tree root's have burned up leaving a ditch like affect, some are real deep and you may not see it until the last second. Trees that are still standing dont have the root structure to keep them planted or anchored to the ground so there are lots of felled trees so you will be constantly clearing trails. Be safe.
    Some of the areas that have been restricted never even had any fires in them.

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    Some of the areas that have been restricted never even had any fires in them.
    you MEAN lots of the Area NEVER HAD fire - THEY have being looking for a excuse to close those mu's for Years now ! FN's just helped it along ! RJ

I hunted the Skull Mountain area of 3-28 last year which wasn't effected by the recent fire, but burned 15 years ago. IMO it is a fantastic forest use management area with a FEW roads open to vehicles, and the rest of them closed. With big board maps at the entrance to the areas. Theres opportunity for people who want to stay in their truck. But for those of us that want to hike 3-5km away from you, we don't have to see a quad ripping along beside us.

Now I might have a different opinion if I was out looking for moose....