Thread: San Mateo Bay

San Mateo Bay

For all those guys that fish in Barkley Sound the float at San Mateo Bay is in trouble. The provincial govt is taking the float over this spring and the Alberni Harbour Authority wil no longer be responsible for it. I have been told the wharf is being given to the First Nations. Contact theHarbour Authority in Pt Alberni to voice your displeasure with these clowns. I guess boating safety is no longer a concern!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Arrow Re: San Mateo Bay

The actual and current plan is to pull it.
    The province does not care for anyone but themselves, their own survival, and of course a generous pension at the end of the day.
    They certainly will not take over maintenance / liability of this structure.
    And so, they intend to destroy it.

I'll see if I can dig up the appropriate contacts to express your concern to.
    Hope like hell I am not simply wasting my time in doing so once again...

Jaded,
    Nog

Edited to add:

SAN MATEO CONVENIENCE FLOAT

The Port Alberni Port Authority (PAPA) advises the public and mariners that the convenience float located in San Mateo Bay will be removed, at the request of the Province of British Columbia, effective March 8, 2019. The Province has resumed jurisdiction over this area from PAPA.

Questions may be directed to Port Alberni Port Authority’s Director of Public Relations and Business Development Dave McCormick at dmccormick@alberniport.ca or 250-723-5312 ext. 227
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 02-18-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Adding Announcement
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: San Mateo Bay

Thanks for pposting. I however am skeptical as I have no idea why the provincial govt would get involved in tbis wharf at this time. Methinks there is more to this.

Re: San Mateo Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Thanks for pposting. I however am skeptical as I have no idea why the provincial govt would get involved in tbis wharf at this time. Methinks there is more to this.
    Give Dave a buzz and let us know what he says then...
    Number is listed above.

Cheers,
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Arrow Re: San Mateo Bay

Thank you for your email expressing concern about the removal of the float at San Mateo.

The Port Authority understands your concern and has expressed it with the Province of BC during the process of changing jurisdiction over certain waters that include San Mateo Bay. However, the Province requires the Port to remove this float, as posted in the Notice.

You may express your concern directly to our contact, Annette Bailey, at the Province of BC's department of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development. Her email address is: Annette.Bailey@gov.bc.ca

Sincerely,
    Dave
    David A. McCormick, MBA
    Director, Public Relations & Business Development Port Alberni Port Authority

Guess he got to Know me