Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon riflescope

Nikon riflescope

Bought a vortex viper scope didn't like a couple things about it went to cabelas to look at other options.for the first time decided to take a look at the Nikon riflescopes. Although it's very difficult to see the quality of the optics inside a very very lite up cabelas store.the clarity and quality seemed way better than the leupold and vortex I looked at.so my question is I dont hear much talk about them do guys run them and how they like them. I was looking at the monarch 3.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Nikon riflescope

I have the Monarch 5 10x42 binos and like them. I picked them over the more expensive Vortex Viper HDs at the time. They are way better than the diamond backs I had. I've only looked through the scopes in store so can't comment on how much better they are in real use but it's not like Nikon hasn't been making optics for awhile. I think they are underrated in the hunting world.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I have the Monarch 5 10x42 binos and like them. I picked them over the more expensive Vortex Viper HDs at the time. They are way better than the diamond backs I had. I've only looked through the scopes in store so can't comment on how much better they are in real use but it's not like Nikon hasn't been making optics for awhile. I think they are underrated in the hunting world.
    Yah after buying my dad a pair of Nikon binos last year and now looking through the scope I'm thinking the same thing they do make awesome glass in the camera world.

I'm running the monarch rifle scope. I really like it and would buy another one for any future rifles.

I have a couple Nikon scopes. Weight isn't too bad and they seem to be good value, lower priced scopes that go on sale often. I wouldn't hesitate to by another. I have a couple Nikon, a couple Vortex and a couple Leupold. I always seem to compare scopes to Leupold so in my mind Leupold sets the benchmark. I have to add that since I've never paid more than $700 for a scope, I only use the lower end of scope offerings.

Been running the pro staff on my 300 win for the past 7 years and have had no issues out of it

Have been a fan of Nikon optics for years in binos and spotters and scopes
    Not too crazy about the Nikon BDC reticle, thinking bars instead of circles may be better, and a finer duplex
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Been using a Nikon 3x9 not sure what model on my 338Win Mag for over 25+ years one very tough scope ,great optics always holds its point of aim even after taking more than a few hard spills .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I've got a Nikon range finder, a rimfire 3-9x40 scope, a monarch 3 scope and monarch 7 10x42 binocs. Haven't had any trouble with any of m and the range finder is over 10 years old. As you note they don't seem to have a huge following you also don't hear or see a ton of advertising from them, so you don't hear as much about Nikon as other brands for those reasons imo. Anyways as you can see I'm a fan they make some good glass.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Have been a fan of Nikon optics for years in binos and spotters and scopes
    Not too crazy about the Nikon BDC reticle, thinking bars instead of circles may be better, and a finer duplex
    Ya those goofy circles might be another detractor from them being more popular too. I'd prefer just bars or dots too but once you get used to the bubbles they're not too bad.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this