Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wolf bounty 1650$

Re: wolf bounty 1650$

[QUOTE=twoSevenO;2074309]Is there a way to prove wolves only came from the area that is under the incentive?..

You think there will be a Problem ? RJ

[QUOTE=REMINGTON JIM;2074854]
    Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Is there a way to prove wolves only came from the area that is under the incentive?..

You think there will be a Problem ? RJ
    I could see people putting on their thinking caps on how to increase their number of kills for more bounty money. Maybe buying carcasses off of their neighbors outside of the zone and fudging kill locations. Maybe not.

That being said, I applaud the money incentive to knock down the wolf population. Way better solution than what’s been done here...

Anyone cashing?

[QUOTE=Boner;2074862]
    Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post

I could see people putting on their thinking caps on how to increase their number of kills for more bounty money. Maybe buying carcasses off of their neighbors outside of the zone and fudging kill locations. Maybe not.

That being said, I applaud the money incentive to knock down the wolf population. Way better solution than what’s been done here...
    Ya the money is great but why does the government wait so long should have been done soon as they saw a problem. years ago the decline started to happen and the biologist told them.

Is there a way to prove wolves only came from the area that is under the incentive?

Not really related but reminds me of people in india taking advantage of their own incentive .... They tried to reduce the number of cobras and offered rewards for cobra heads. So people started breeding them. Then when the incentive ended, they just released what they had resulting in an even bigger problem than when it all began!
    Hunters must check into patrol stations before hunting in the wolf management area. This ensures they are not bringing in wolves from outside, said Croft.

The stations are located along the winter road at Gordon Lake and Wekweeti.

Good on them. Elected government coming up with a good solution to a problem. What a novel concept.

I've always thought that they need to institute this kind of solution here. Make the bounty high enough that the guys that are good at it can make a decent living at it. Take a look at the cost of the helicopter kill program and factor out how much it costs per wolf and look at that as what the bounty should be. I would guess that it's at least $1000 an animal to hunt by chopper.

Is there a way to prove wolves only came from the area that is under the incentive?

Not really related but reminds me of people in india taking advantage of their own incentive .... They tried to reduce the number of cobras and offered rewards for cobra heads. So people started breeding them. Then when the incentive ended, they just released what they had resulting in an even bigger problem than when it all began!
    Lol. Those Indians.