Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cougars in 3-30

Re: Cougars in 3-30

The farm just below Red lake used to be full of deer, now only a small handful. The farmer has hammered a few wolves around there. says they have wiped out the deer.

Well, didn’t see anything while we were out there. All tracks had 2-3 day old snow in them. Saw some interesting tracks that looked like otter tracks along the edge of the lake. Was like 3 pairs of prints and then a long snow slide and them more prints again. Looked like 3 traveling together. They were going under docks and through bushes. Was pretty cool. Going back up for spring break so hopefully can try again.

They were Otters for Sure from what you describe ! RJ

Good luck shooting a cougar without a dog. I’ve only seen one cougar in my life and it was treed. I’ve been followed by them and chirped at in the dark, and I’ve work in the bush my entire adult life, got to admit it’s only two or three months a year now vs ten when I was younger. I’ve eaten a few hams but only as by catch on my friends trapline/ marinated in apricots mmmmm!. You’d need horseshoes to shoot one on the off chance.

look for ravens than walk in at ready..
    you can tree them without dogs just need to be in good shape.

I seen lots of sassy cougars in the pub in Clinton They are easy to get Bait them with Canadian pints