Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Sheep Draw

Re: Early Sheep Draw

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Truly an increase to $30-50 for an application does not price anyone out of hunting for a sheep LEH application. Anyone can afford to spend that much to apply, and certainly some species could be increased over others, still leaving plenty of opportunity for essentially free applications.
    No, that wouldn’t be a terrible increase but Isn’t that what we have the special sheep draw for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullreaper View Post
    No, that wouldn’t be a terrible increase but Isn’t that what we have the special sheep draw for?
    The two are separate conversations in my opinion. I believe there would be a lot better ways to manage and promote the special sheep draw as well.

Once we know that all fees are going back into the management of wildlife, then we can talk about higher fees.

Increasing fees now is not a good idea. If they are increased now it'll be even tougher to redirect that revenue stream away from the general spending pool.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    Once we know that all fees are going back into the management of wildlife, then we can talk about higher fees.

Increasing fees now is not a good idea. If they are increased now it'll be even tougher to redirect that revenue stream away from the general spending pool.
    Agree. My comments were mostly around hunting becoming a rich mans sport due to a price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post

Yes funds should go back to wildlife, but when you look at the amount people spend on gear etc they can spend more on tag and application fees.
    Read half the storys and they all have to have a drink after they seem to be able to afford that.
    When i use to put in for sheep in Nevada it was $1000 if unsuccessful you got most back except for application fee but still had to put money up front.

When i use to put in for sheep in Nevada it was $1000 if unsuccessful you got most back except for application fee but still had to put money up front.
    So if drawn your tag cost $1000 ? what is fair about that?
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    So if drawn your tag cost $1000 ? what is fair about that?
    Guessing your not familiar with the prices for tags etc for non residents.
    Put the money up front gets rid of lots of those that apply just because its something to do.

Looked like you were suggesting the same for BC LEH
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    If I get the draw you're more than welcome to join me and split the harvest if successful! Currently, I'm solo...
    As RyoTHC says - Beauty BIG Bears in the QCIslands ! I Have had many Visit me while fishing for Pinks and Cohos in the Tlell river and also over on Pallant Creek down at the Moresby Camp . Good LUCK ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    I was unsuccessful for the bear LEH in Haida Gwaii next year...
    Too Bad ! Yup maybe NEXT year - that's one i would like to try and get too ! RJ