Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which Kuiu jacket to buy?

which Kuiu jacket to buy?

After many years of using old hiking/mountaineering gear I've slowly started accumulating some Kuiu. I bought their down jacket a couple years ago and this Christmas my wife got me some Yukon rain gear.

Last week I saw a deal on some Tiburon pants so now I need a jacket but I can't decide between the Rubicon, Axis, Peloton or Guide. Too many choices.

Anybody have any strong favourites?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: which Kuiu jacket to buy?

Guide jacket would be my first jacket to get from your list. I have owned them all.

Pemby_mess Guest

I don't own any Kuiu, but the Guide DCS is also what I would get if I had to have only one of their products. Uber versatile.

Love my Guide Jacket!!

Also love my guide jacket. The peloton is more like a polar fleece type. Im looking to buy one for when there is no precip. forecast or to go under the guide jacket.

FYI their stuff fits small so buy a size bigger or two sizes bigger if you want to throw stuff underneath. My Guide jacket is a XXL and I find it perfect to stick a down coat underneath and or my binos.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Also love my guide jacket. The peloton is more like a polar fleece type. Im looking to buy one for when there is no precip. forecast or to go under the guide jacket.

FYI their stuff fits small so buy a size bigger or two sizes bigger if you want to throw stuff underneath. My Guide jacket is a XXL and I find it perfect to stick a down coat underneath and or my binos.

BHB
    I agree BHB about the sizing, for example I wear a XXL Coat in Sitka Gear and can zip it up with room to spare, I can't even Zip up a KUIU XXL

On another note I bought some Talus Hybrid Pants and they are amazing for late season pants, I usually wear 38-40 in jeans so I ordered a 42" pants and couldn't do them up so I improvised.......now Im dreaming of losing some weight !!!!
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 02-12-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

The guide is a great coat. I just bought the new axis and it one ups the guide with better wind proofing and the strategically placed waterproof panels

Another vote for the guide jacket from me. Love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    The guide is a great coat. I just bought the new axis and it one ups the guide with better wind proofing and the strategically placed waterproof panels

Is this jacket quiet? I told myself no more kuiu.. ever.. but I really like that jacket.

My buddy bought the superdown vest and he cant believe how warm it is for being so lite and compact.