Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which Kuiu jacket to buy?

Re: which Kuiu jacket to buy?

Peloton 240 isnt a 'jacket' and its confusing that they call it one. Its a zip up fleece. I wouldn't buy it as my only jacket as that isn't its purpose, but I absolutely love it as a midlayer. Its also cut perfect for an athletic build unlike some of the others in the Peloton line which are cut like they're made for a pregnant woman.

I was looking at the axis hybrid vs the guide as well and was leaning towards the axis for the water proofing. Anyone else have any suggestions?

For sizing I wear an xl normally so was going to get a XXL? I'm 6' 230

36 pant was thinking of a 38 or a 40?

Thanks for any help ��

KUIU Attack pants fit just like blue jeans for sizing so I match them. Guide jackets must be sized up and I never kept
    the one I ordered years ago. Not a fan.

I really like the Peloton 240 full zip hoody. I wore mine all spring bear hunting, all fall on a sheep trip and two caribou trips plus the entire 18 days I hunted Coues deer in AZ. Often it was the top layer and in the cold it was layered under another jacket. I wore it bird hunting for about two weeks in December following the Vizsla. Then it was my cross country ski jacket for about a month during the February cold snap. I wear my normal size in the Peloton but it is a snug fit....just what I want for bowhunting.

I'm going to hit enter on a size up Guide Jacket. I don't feel the need to spend Kuiu money on a mid layer.

I have to say though, I've been wearing my Yukon rain coat as a top layer for the last little while and it is, by far, the most comfortable rain jacket I've ever owned. You wouldn't know it is a rain coat. I hope the Guide Jacket is as good.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I have the super down Jacket, best insulating September Jacket in the back country, when things get colder I have the sitka down jacket,

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I'm going to hit enter on a size up Guide Jacket. I don't feel the need to spend Kuiu money on a mid layer.

I have to say though, I've been wearing my Yukon rain coat as a top layer for the last little while and it is, by far, the most comfortable rain jacket I've ever owned. You wouldn't know it is a rain coat. I hope the Guide Jacket is as good.
    My Yukon gear should get here Friday. My next jacket would be the Guide, like you have decided.
    Their 8 year anniversary sale just ended this weeekend.
    Got my Yukon gear for a couple hundred bucks cheaper.