Thread: Total turkey newbie looking to tag along on a hunt this year 🤞🏼

Total turkey newbie looking to tag along on a hunt this year 🤞🏼

Hey everyone. I have the hunting bug and I got it bad haha. I live on the north shore and am so excited for this year. I am hoping and would love to possibly tag along with someone on a turkey hunt this year? I’m more and willing to drive where need be and don’t really want to ask for any locations in particular because I’ve never hunted turkey before. Maybe someone could pass along there wisdom to me and help get me started. I have a 20gauge Mossberg 500 pump.

Spring turkey and spring bear may possibly go hand in hand. In a previous thread I started about spring bear ( bucket list thing to me) maybe I could get both if lucky.

Welcome to PMs as well
    Thanks everyone!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Total turkey newbie looking to tag along on a hunt this year 🤞🏼

I would suggest just marking a few days down on the calendar and giving it a go. Plenty of both bears and turkeys in the Kootenays and neither is a particularly difficult species to kill. Learn the basics of calling and go have some fun. Great way to leave the winter blues behind.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Re: Total turkey newbie looking to tag along on a hunt this year 🤞🏼

Thank you highcountry. Most likely that will happen this year.