Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What release aid are you using?

Re: What release aid are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I use a hook release style, compared to the jaws I found it easier to “ grab” my d loop with while spot and stalk hunting.
    True fire? I think.
    Also recomend archery talk to get ldeas how to prevent target panic,
    note that not all releases are created equal, sometimes different releases affect poi dramatically.
    Thanks mate. I've been crusing archery talk and have found my target panic has decreased the more I've shot the bow.
    Definitely looking forward to going and demoing various releases to see what clicks.
    ig: mmckimmi

If you do not want to break the bank, but want quality/repeatability until you know yourself enough to move on to a handheld: TRU Ball Stinger. 60$. Solidly reliable.
    However, you MUST adjust it to your hand: screw in the back nut until the trigger sits in your wrapped index finger (make a circle with the tips of thumb+index; this is how it should be shot, not snapping a trigger). Once you have found the proper depth, you cut the excess screw to get full mobility of the release (do this only after a few weeks of shooting to allow you to fine-tune the length).

Been shooting it for 2 years, excellent 3D scores. One bear down, lots of small game. Bit the bullet and moved on to back tension.

Final point: I keep the Stinger in the bottom of my pack in case I loose/break my other one. Always have a back up. At 350$, my spare is not a Silverback!
    Last edited by Wanderer01; 02-11-2019 at 11:06 PM.

mmckimmi: There is a decent thread going on AT, "Target Panic/Back Tension Release Anxiety". Worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    mmckimmi: There is a decent thread going on AT, "Target Panic/Back Tension Release Anxiety". Worth a read.
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

And thank you to everyone who has written a response!
    ig: mmckimmi

Truball Sweet Spot II for me. Switched to a hinge release this year and my shooting has greatly improved and my confidence is likely higher than it ever has been