Thread: 1Campfire

1Campfire

Across North America and around the world, hunting opportunities are being reduced, legally challenged or even eliminated entirely.

In many parts of the world, hunting and hunters are entirely misunderstood if not outright reviled. This needs to change.

We have been playing defense for years. It’s time to go on the offensive.

The Wild Sheep Society of BC has set the ambitious goal of reclaiming the hunting narrative through a first-of-its-kind outreach campaign and online platform focused specifically on non-hunters.

Film production teams have been at work for months. Podcasts are being scheduled and recorded, thought leaders have been commissioned to write articles, and the underlying web platform is in place.

Launching officially in the spring of this year, what you see now is merely a preview. The foundation of far more to come.

The BC hunting community has provided the seed funding for this timely project but, this is a huge undertaking that will require the financial backing of the entire hunting family.

If we are to succeed in reclaiming the hunting narrative, we need your support.

https://youtu.be/wkg7XXx5Ung

Since we first learned how to make it, fire has brought us together.

For warmth. For food. For protection. And, for the pleasure of the conversations sparked and nurtured by the glow of the flames.

Across Canada and around the world, if you find a campfire in the woods, on a mountaintop, or next to a river, you’ll find people huddled around it.

This platform was built with that spirit at its core.

If you love the outdoors, care about where your food comes from, and are concerned for the future of wildlife and the environments they need to survive, so do we.

And, although you may think our differences far outweigh our similarities, this couldn’t be further from the truth.

Welcome to our campfire. We have a story to tell.

http://1campfire.com/

Wild Sheep Society of BC 1Campfire

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 1Campfire

Watched this get launched last night in Reno at wild sheep foundation. Overwhelming support , very professionally put together and great message ! Hats off to hunter heritage and wild sheep society of B.C. for stepping up and Creating a program That all of us can support. Great work!

Awesome video, exactly what we need to see right now! I like the new name too, very excited about this program and you have my full support. Will be working on a short film along those lines myself this spring more specifically about bear hunting/predator management, glad this message is getting louder and more clear!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Subscribed! Looking forward to watching this unfold!

Money sent to WF for that sweeeet rifle raffle!

Thank you guys for doing what you are doing!

I like the video a lot.

It’s a job well done!

Thank you for sharing! It was cool to see the finished product at the Sheep Show last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by kayjayess View Post
    Across North America and around the world, hunting opportunities are being reduced, legally challenged or even eliminated entirely.

In many parts of the world, hunting and hunters are entirely misunderstood if not outright reviled. This needs to change.

We have been playing defense for years. It’s time to go on the offensive.

The Wild Sheep Society of BC has set the ambitious goal of reclaiming the hunting narrative through a first-of-its-kind outreach campaign and online platform focused specifically on non-hunters.

Film production teams have been at work for months. Podcasts are being scheduled and recorded, thought leaders have been commissioned to write articles, and the underlying web platform is in place.

Launching officially in the spring of this year, what you see now is merely a preview. The foundation of far more to come.

The BC hunting community has provided the seed funding for this timely project but, this is a huge undertaking that will require the financial backing of the entire hunting family.

If we are to succeed in reclaiming the hunting narrative, we need your support.

https://youtu.be/wkg7XXx5Ung

Since we first learned how to make it, fire has brought us together.

For warmth. For food. For protection. And, for the pleasure of the conversations sparked and nurtured by the glow of the flames.

Across Canada and around the world, if you find a campfire in the woods, on a mountaintop, or next to a river, you’ll find people huddled around it.

This platform was built with that spirit at its core.

If you love the outdoors, care about where your food comes from, and are concerned for the future of wildlife and the environments they need to survive, so do we.

And, although you may think our differences far outweigh our similarities, this couldn’t be further from the truth.

Welcome to our campfire. We have a story to tell.

http://1campfire.com/

When i google 1campfire I see there is apparel one can buy to support 1campfire yet I don't see where to buy it on the website.
    I've donated $$$ and I'd like some Apparel, good way to get conversation started, "where did you get that hat?"

Quote Originally Posted by waserwolf View Post
    When i google 1campfire I see there is apparel one can buy to support 1campfire yet I don't see where to buy it on the website.
    I've donated $$$ and I'd like some Apparel, good way to get conversation started, "where did you get that hat?"
    Go on Wild Sheep Society's webpage. They sell 1campfire apparel.