Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elk Sighting Chilliwack

Elk Sighting Chilliwack

Just received a call a few minutes ago about 2 bull elk at Annis and the freeway in Chilliwack.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elk Sighting Chilliwack

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Just received a call a few minutes ago about 2 bull elk at Annis and the freeway in Chilliwack.
    Hopefully someone will get pictures !
    Arctic Lake

guest Guest

Hopefully they get to cover soon. Or the local special group may have yet another private land shooting scandal in headlines.

Ive Seen them a number of times off Chilliwack lake rd a few years ago.

There was another one spotted near there in Rosedale 2 weeks ago. Possibly the same one. There have been a few around for the last 4-5 years sporadically. They are likely satellite bulls from the West Harrison area.

my brother in law sent me a picture of a cow elk off annis rd. from 2 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dadof6 View Post
    my brother in law sent me a picture of a cow elk off annis rd. from 2 days ago.
    Can you post it? That would be cool to see. Have a buddy who's called in a Bull elk up in the community forest trails above Annis last year. Didn't know there was a cow around too. That would be cool to have a Chilliwack herd.
    Last edited by dmaxtech; 09-25-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Call me crazy but I swear I heard elk bugling just outside of Hope the other day. It sounded pretty faint. I wondered how far the sound would travel? It seemed like the sound was coming from miles away. I started to question my sanity.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 09-24-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Call me crazy but I swear I heard elk bugling just outside of Hope the other day. It sounded pretty faint. I wondered how far the sound would travel? It seemed like the sound was coming from miles away.
    Some bugles can be very misleading. I watched a Rosie bull bugleing last fall during my LEH. He was in a small cutblock below me at about 200 yards facing away from me calling up into the timber. I could clearly distinguish the bugles, but if I hadnt had him in view I would have assumed he was much farther away then he was.

Also observed a couple RM elk that bugled very quite compared to the traditional screaming bull. Once again, if they were not in view, one would have thought they were much further away.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 09-24-2019 at 10:35 AM.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Call me crazy but I swear I heard elk bugling just outside of Hope the other day. It sounded pretty faint. I wondered how far the sound would travel? It seemed like the sound was coming from miles away.
    Could have been me practicing.......

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Could have been me practicing.......
    LOL maybe. I thought about maybe a strange tree creak, but it sounded way too far away.