Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to hunt Seal too

Re: I want to hunt Seal too

Anyone on here ever eat seal ! I smelled an open can of it once did not care for the smell so did not eat it .I would like to learn how to process one .
    Arctic Lake

Tried some Sea Lion a few years back. Wasnt too bad. Looked alot like Bear meat.

It had been eating Oolican for 2 weeks also. Which changes the taste

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    Tried some Sea Lion a few years back. Wasnt too bad. Looked alot like Bear meat.

It had been eating Oolican for 2 weeks also. Which changes the taste
    Really ! Hmmm. Like I mentioned would like to learn how to process them. I can keep a pretty sharp knife while working .
    Arctic Lake

Arrow Re: I want to hunt Seal too

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    What are the arguments towards, putting hunting Pinniped's, in the hunting Reg's?

I realize the FN are leading the charge (in the media).
    As a Director on the Board of the Pacific Balance Pinniped Society, I would suggest that FN's are not the only ones involved.
    In fact, some of this country's leading Scientists have our back, as do the vast majority of FN's, commercial fishers, and more.
    Sadly lacking are the recreational fishing sector (you can thank the SFI for that) and the hunting community.

As far as non-FN's hunting them...
    We reached out to both the BCWF, and the GOABC and more in this regard.
    Maybe it was due to the messenger, but we were ROYALLY snubbed by these entities.
    We may (accent now on "may") reconsider another approach down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by greasysidedown View Post
    Everyone on this forum needs to join Pacific Balance Pinniped Society, facebook group.
    Those that can, should. Want to make a difference? Like in all other matters dealing with the "management" of wild resources, the decisions are directed by those who show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Anyone on here ever eat seal !
    Yep. It was a staple item when living in the Arctic.
    Actually pretty damn good, once you know how to deal with it.

Our meetings with DFO yesterday went about as I figured they would. In fact a little more amicable than I thought they would be.
    Some progress was made identifying a few areas that require a little more refining on both sides of the equation.
    Those have now been identified, and steps are being taken by both parties to address them in a timely manner...

Onward & Upwards...
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 02-08-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

IronNoggin, thank you for your enrolment with important issues and for being a positive representative of the hunting community.
    I wonder why BCWF and GOABC were silent? I see it as another indication that we are lacking proper representation.
    I've never had seal but would love to try it.

Nog

Thanks for the info.

There is no difference to the pinniped problem & the land predator problem.

We all need to get onboard before it's too late.
    Lean it on your trailer hitch and whack it with any hammer you have. That usually knocks the front ramp off so you can then work on the sight easier. The stripped or broken screws can be dealt with later. Gun Tech

there was bright white light just in front of me and I was pretty sure my dead grandmother was standing there with a glass of milk and some home made cookies. Steve W

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    As a Director on the Board of the Pacific Balance Pinniped Society, I would suggest that FN's are not the only ones involved.
    In fact, some of this country's leading Scientists have our back, as do the vast majority of FN's, commercial fishers, and more.
    Sadly lacking are the recreational fishing sector (you can thank the SFI for that) and the hunting community.

As far as non-FN's hunting them...
    We reached out to both the BCWF, and the GOABC and more in this regard.
    Maybe it was due to the messenger, but we were ROYALLY snubbed by these entities.
    We may (accent now on "may") reconsider another approach down the road.

Those that can, should. Want to make a difference? Like in all other matters dealing with the "management" of wild resources, the decisions are directed by those who show up.

Yep. It was a staple item when living in the Arctic.
    Actually pretty damn good, once you know how to deal with it.

Our meetings with DFO yesterday went about as I figured they would. In fact a little more amicable than I thought they would be.
    Some progress was made identifying a few areas that require a little more refining on both sides of the equation.
    Those have now been identified, and steps are being taken by both parties to address them in a timely manner...

Onward & Upwards...
    Nog
    Wow, thx for all you make time for, and do, much appreciated!

This is my goal as well and you are an inspiration on this site no doubt...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by greasysidedown View Post
    Everyone on this forum needs to join Pacific Balance Pinniped Society, facebook group.
    Just did! Thx GSD!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

IronNog for Prime Minister
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Eating seal meat would certainly take some getting used to, pretty sure it would not taste like moose! But that is not to say that a guy could not develope a taste cor it, I certainly would approach it with an open mind. The good folk of Newfoundland love them, especially prized is the blood for making puddings. Sign me up!