Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight in a beaver

Weight in a beaver

Cant recall how much weight is allowed for a flight in a beaver? 1400 lbs or so?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Weight in a beaver

Yep. Bulk is usually more problem than payload

Pemby_mess Guest

depends on the beaver. Some of them are uprated. I remember it being like 2200 lbs gross payload or so.

Title of the thread made me chuckle
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Best answered by the air taxi you plan to fly with. They will have the ultimate say when you are loading up.

Last trip i did we had a medium moose, deboned, an inflatable boat(80lbs or so), two large guys and a light camp for our flight out, and the pilot said we had room for a little more. It would be nice to leave the quarters whole, deboned meat is a pain in the butt.

"Best answered by the air taxi you plan to fly with. They will have the ultimate say when you are loading up."
    <- This.

Loading an airplane has so many factors that go into it. Aircraft base weight varies from model and how it is setup, how heavy is the pilot, the required amount of fuel for the trip plus contingencies, temperature, departure elevation, air density, lake or strip length and pilot experience all come into play. Once you know where you are going and what you want to bring back the company can recommend an aircraft size. Maybe one trip in a beaver vs 2 trips with a C185, and plan to be under the weight recommended. Better to bring less stuff as you might be leaving it at the dock or paying for an extra flight to haul it out $$$.

Elevation of the lake you plan to fly to also plays a big part in payload. The higher the lake, the lower the payload.

I thought a Beaver load was 1200 lbs ..An Otter 1800 lbs..Distance determines fuel load ..Safety is #1...Overloads cause problems ...Dennis...PS ..Flew with BC Yukon Air ...Ray and Ernie Sandie ..He weighed everything!!!!!!!....They were safe reliable pilots.....

Agree with above. Good rule of thumb is 1200 pounds for a beaver. External load like a canoe reduces that.