Thread: Park plans

Park plans

The following draft park plans are posted on the BC Parks website for review and comment.
    NORTHERN ROCKY MOUNTAIN PARK
    REDFERN-KEILY PARK

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Park plans

I'm afraid that the current trend will lead to increased effort to plan for heritage and cultural values and take away from wildlife flora and fauna
    Identifying indigenous values is crippling the provinces efforts
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I couldn't find any info in bc parks? What are they up too?

I scanned and read most of it, it doesn’t seem all that bad. They want to keep recreation activities. Only thing I see is they are being more aware of the jet boat access and fixed wing access. But still allowing it but going to monitor it more closely. Not sure how with the funding they get but oh well. Did I miss something? Anyone have any other knowledge of the draft plan that is negative for us resident hunters?

Well, it is a park after all and hunting is allowed, unlike in some provincial parks. There was a lot of discussion about quality of experience and overcrowding when the advisory group met 15 plus years ago, so it's not surprising to see Parks wanting to monitor jet boat traffic. I suspect they have been doing that in the interim regardless and there have been no limitations to date.

The idea of the Northern Rocky Mountains Park was to allow traditional activities and focus on a wilderness experience with few or no government facilities/campsites and no signage on trails. There was also a focus on education rather than regulations to maintain the wilderness experience. The new plan lacks some details that were in the original plan. For example, the original plan had a lot of language around fuel storage and labelling of fuel drums - that's missing in the new plan.

i read aswell looks okay for now...

glad the areas are protected.

Provincial Parks are sooooooo much better for us than National Parks!