Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bushpilot's 2018 Mountain Goat Hunt

Re: Bushpilot's 2018 Mountain Goat Hunt

Wow some great responses from some of this sites heavy hitters, it's much appreciated. I originally typed this story with intent of having it published in a magazine but I think this is a better sharing platform as it generates feedback and discussion after the fact. Also I felt like after enjoying so many stories over the years that it is time for me to start giving back, even though I admit I am a very mediocre hunter HA!

This leads me to a point I have had on the tip of my tongue for long time. Hunting is not a sport, a hobby or even a lifestyle; it is older than the time humans first became self aware of their own existence. Therefore it is a defining part of humanity and you should embrace it as much, better yet you should SHARE it with those have lost touch with it.

Every hunt has a tale of adventure and lessons learned from the natural world regardless of the outcome, yet many hold back from fear of being criticized by a faceless stranger on their method, weapon or quarry of choice. To hide in the shadows and continue along this path will be the end of hunting, because few will understand what we do and why, and we will cease to matter. So share your stories, whether on here, at work, in a public place etc..., invite a non-hunter to join you, be tasteful and message driven on social media, the time has come to give back to humanity the gift of hunting.

I AM A HUNTER! and I seek out animals to kill them, using their life force to provide sustenance for myself and my family. However it is the interaction with the natural world and the lessons that mother nature has to teach me that replenishes my soul and drives me to these pursuits. So I will protect hunting not as my right as an individual but as it is my identity.

Awesome write up and great photos, big congratulations...should be in store for many delicious meals and trophy memories!

PS the post above is 100% on point, keep telling your stories and letting people know this is so much more than a rack on the wall, rug on the couch or even meat in the freezer.
    Last edited by 45freezer; 02-06-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Perfect timing for an excellent write up, congratulations on a successful trip.

Sounds like and an awesome adventure, congrats
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Good job lads! Look forwards to seeing you both (in the spring?) and having a proper catch up

Great goat and story, congrats to you. He sure must have taken a good fall by the looks of his beat up face.
    Live to Hunt...

That was a great read and a great first goat! You'll have many more stories to share I am sure . . . I admire the respect you show for the animal and the wilds.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Great story thanks for sharing

Congrats on a nice goat and quit the adventure. Curious as to age and legnth of the goat.
    Also thanks for getting the picture thing figured out, the little thumb print ones were hard to see.

great read, thanks for sharing. I will have to post my goat story up one of these days...