Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blanca lake reg 2 elaho

Blanca lake reg 2 elaho

Going to try around blanca lake this year for goat in the elaho.Have an idea were the trail starts and think its about an 4 to 6 hour hike to the top just want to know if any of you guys have been in the area or have walked the trail and if it ok any info would be a big help SLYFOX.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Blanca lake reg 2 elaho

Sly

Detailed PM sent. I'd be suprised if anyone else besides Tarpman and I have been up there.

Here are some pics for you.

"For the man who can, not once by accident, but again and again, as a regular thing, single-handed, find and kill his black-tail, has shown that he is no mere novice in his art; still-hunting the black-tail is a sport that only the skilful can follow with good results." Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919). Hunting Trips of a Ranchman. 1885.

Thanks again.

Watch for granola crunchers. There are a few backcountry trails and mushroom pickers in there too.
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause."
    -Theodore Roosevelt France, 1910

Mushrooms up there 2 nothing like goat steak,s and mushroom,s Tarpman.

Be suprised lapadat,I hunted up there in 1996,and 97 with my brother and we bolth baged billy goats,We accessed the alpine from the Elaho at the top of branch E500 and then a 4 hr. bush wack,But you can now get much closer buy driving up to the top of E300.You cross the creek near the top and it is called Maude Frickett creek there is sapposed to be an old trail up this creek somewhere,but we never found it.Drive as far as you can and start your bush wack up the basin. the creek comes out of Blanca lake so in a coulple of hrs. you should be up in the rocks glassing for goats. Good luck.

I know it's been a few years since you posted this thread. I was thinking about heading up to Blanca lake this sept. just wondering if you had any success up there? I have the jist of how to get there from some of the posts here. any other info you may have would be super helpful and appreciated. thanks.

T.
    Savage 111FCXP3 30-06
    Vortex Diamondback 4-12X40

I was up there in July for a couple days. Bugs were nasty but the scenery was amazing. Saw a few Mulies but no Goats or any Goat sign. The trial up to the alpine is well marked and pretty easy. Hike to the meadows took about 2.5hrs. Another 2 hours to the Lakes & peaks. I'll PM you with a link with more info.
    " I'm not lost but I don't know where I am"

I know it's been a few years since the last post on this thread. I was thinking about heading up to Blanca lake this Sept. I am wondering if anyone had any success up there lately? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    well they aren't scissoring... so at least one is male

Dropped people up there a few times. Pretty country, hold some nice goats. Not the easiest place to chase them though.