Thread: 45 - 70 Against Stuff

Thumbs up 45 - 70 Against Stuff

A Henry Rifle Production:

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 45 - 70 Against Stuff

LOL ! Im a 45-70 Fan BUT that's a PISS poor Vid of a 45-70's power - lots of cartridges will do that ! RJ

444 Marlin...........
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

Looks like a fun time

For my winter hunt, I use a 270. Predator season, the 45-70 comes out. That is one sweet round. If it breathes, the 45-70 will stop it.

I agree with Remington Jim.. the video does not do this rifle justice. If those spray cans in Episode2 were secured and the aim was correct, this round would obliterate all cans with ease.

I shot into the end of a 8in diameter round piece of unseasoned {wet} firewood and the bullet penetrated about 8.5 inches deep and the wound cavity was large. Im fairly sure it would have went end to end if the wood was dry

i have shot a couple deer with 45-70 and have made some hot loads for it that speeds close to factory 458 the deer it cleared bones and the damage was minimal (eat up to the hole) on bears and hitting bone it tore them apart...love 45 entry holes.and the power...when hunting big game once a big guys down i ditch the scoped magnums and pack the unscope marlin gg for defense when carrying meat...both of my 45-70 have blood stains lol.

Mine is a SBL scoped with a high eye relief scope. Like WWD says, eat up to the hole. I use Hornady 325 gr and I am very effective out to 200 yards. After hunting with a 30-06 for decades, its nice to see the impact and immediately realize that you hit what you were aiming at with no doubt!
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by zedex1964 View Post
    For my winter hunt, I use a 270. Predator season, the 45-70 comes out. That is one sweet round. If it breathes, the 45-70 will stop it.

I agree with Remington Jim.. the video does not do this rifle justice. If those spray cans in Episode2 were secured and the aim was correct, this round would obliterate all cans with ease.

I shot into the end of a 8in diameter round piece of unseasoned {wet} firewood and the bullet penetrated about 8.5 inches deep and the wound cavity was large. Im fairly sure it would have went end to end if the wood was dry
    I shot a lot of different rifles over the years, Wet wood allows a deeper penetration than dry wood, because it is soft, and the dry wood is very hard, try driving a nail into both pieces !!!