Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whole cow bbq

Re: Whole cow bbq

Quote Originally Posted by Steelpulse View Post
    Oh ya I don’t live in Kamloops anymore. This will be in Vancouver
    I`m in if not doing work on my cabin in the Cariboo.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

A 500lb cow would take 2 or 3 days to get internals 165 degrees. Talk to some experts!!
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    A 500lb cow would take 2 or 3 days to get internals 165 degrees. Talk to some experts!!
    Sorry but that is not true
    1000# cows are done in 24 hours or less. Google whole cow roasting and there are many an article explaining the process. I would also consider myself an expert already along with the team of chefs I am doing this with.
    We will be looking at 15-18 hours I’d say but we are still in the planning phase and deciding final preparations as well as how we will roast it. Most likely splayed open over a fire approximately 10’ long and 8 wide. With at least 1 cord of wood. All preliminary so far but it is happening

Cool I didn't know it could be done that quick. Been to a pig roast but only ate the corn because the pig wasn't cooked.
    My mistake because I read the times for smoking/cooking so cooler temps in the beginning and it said 3 days to 165 internal temp.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

When I go to Hawaiian luaus I always wish that sometimes they would do a young calf or yearling steer. I'm just not certain that the 'in the ground' techniques would work on bovines.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

Once steelpulse hammers out the details with the professionals Ill Kidnap him (brother) and bring him back to loops so we can do it again. The Region three pre fall hunting "MEAT'' up would be great, and how better to get people out than a whole cow.

When I was a kid my father had a harvest party and bbq'd an entire cow. He hired someone to do it but I remember him starting the day before and, at some point in the process, inserting mandarin slices in to cuts he had made in the meat. It remains one of the most memorable meals I have had.

Here is an article going through the process around a 1000lber https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/arti...is-an-art-form. Getting hungry just thinking about this.