Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predator hunting Squamish Ashlu or Elaho?

Re: Predator hunting Squamish Ashlu or Elaho?

Elaho 200%. Hunt the skunk cabbage patches and take the left on second bridge just past the water fall. And drive to the grizzly sign. Lots of action in there. I’ve taken a few out of that spot Lots of other critters around like wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Dour View Post
    Elaho 200%. Hunt the skunk cabbage patches and take the left on second bridge just past the water fall. And drive to the grizzly sign. Lots of action in there. I’ve taken a few out of that spot Lots of other critters around like wolves

Thanks for the information! Will try it out! Only have one more day hunt and that’s it till September and that’s why staying close to home. Hopefully bump into something thank you

Don’t shoot the grizzlies lots of them running around up there

Hi All,

already scouting for new Spring bear areas. I was looking into the Elaho as well. I noticed there was a fire up there in 2015. wondering if this is a good area to focus on. Planning on bringing a first time hunter along this Spring on a two day, one night short trip, so any ideas on starting points would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew5 View Post
    Hi All,

already scouting for new Spring bear areas. I was looking into the Elaho as well. I noticed there was a fire up there in 2015. wondering if this is a good area to focus on. Planning on bringing a first time hunter along this Spring on a two day, one night short trip, so any ideas on starting points would be appreciated.
    My intel will be a bit dated because I haven’t been up there since 2019, so take it with a grain of NaCl.
    There’s lots of parties and rowdy campers up that way on any half decent weekend - i.e., game already on edge, plenty of trash for bears to root through, and you need to be extra choosy about shots for fear of a bullet ending up in an unseen campsite. Unless you’re walking past a washout/deactivation/gate to find undisturbed areas, I’d focus elsewhere - there’s better spots to road hunt - further north past Pemby, or east of the Fraser valley…

good luck!
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."