Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: CWD Update

Re: CWD Update

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Unless they're all sheep .......they are called antlers.
    Seems you and your little buddys aren’t above sniping either.
    Time to grow up and look at ALL the issues concerning what’s happening everywhere else. Hopefully we can learn something about CWD and the activities / scenarios that may or may not accelerate the spread. If u can’t handle it i recommend watching Sesame Street.

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Seems you and your little buddys aren’t above sniping either.
    Time to grow up and look at ALL the issues concerning what’s happening everywhere else. Hopefully we can learn something about CWD and the activities / scenarios that may or may not accelerate the spread. If u can’t handle it i recommend watching Sesame Street.
    Have met with wildlife bios, made calls and done some emails on the issue to have a better grasp on the issue that could face BC and what the primary concerns are.
    You?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Have met with wildlife bios, made calls and done some emails on the issue to have a better grasp on the issue that could face BC and what the primary concerns are.
    You?
    I too am educating myself. Your behaviour on this thread is school girl like. Be a man.

I too am educating myself. Your behaviour on this thread is school girl like. Be a man.
    Very well thought and mature response.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    I like how we call for science based management..... except when it goes against something we like to do.

Are we really that self interested that we would risk a likely transmission portal and quicker spread of CWD, to throw everything we have against the banning of baiting.

They are all morons down in the states, no clue clue how to manage whitetail, state agencies banning baiting to help stop the spread of CWD are all idiots compared the scientific knowledge I possess.

And yes there is evidence of baiting and CWD
    As I said, where is the evidence that baiting has any impact on CWD transmission compared to ALL of the other means of transmission? Show me, I'll wait. It hasn't been done. Yes, it is known that CWD transmission COULD occur on a bait pile, but it is also known to occur anywhere deer congregate like fields, watering holes, farmers salt licks and hay stacks etc. I doubt the odd bait pile in the bush up here is contributing even 1% to all transmissions compared to the rest. You really want to ban something that has no real research into ACTUAL impact on transmission. If we are going to ban something that accounts for such a tiny amount of all transmissions then we damn well better have banned EVERY other means of transmission before we get to that point (good luck telling the farmers they can't keep hay out in the open or provide salt licks for their cattle). In other words, there is absolutely no point in banning something that might only contribute 1% if you don't do anything about the other 99%, it's basic math and logic.

I wasn't saying they don't know how to manage white tail etc or that they are wrong in their intention, but it's quite obvious the bait bans don't work or have as large an impact as they thought if they still all have CWD spreading everywhere.

FYI, I originally majored in physics and minored in biology. I'm all for the science, regardless of what it says compared to my views. Fact is the science isn't there or adding up on this one yet.
    Last edited by russm86; 02-05-2019 at 12:47 PM.

look at ALL the issues concerning what’s happening everywhere else. Hopefully we can learn something about CWD and the activities / scenarios that may or may not accelerate the spread
    I agree, we have to look at everything, not just 1 part, and compare how each event actually contributes to the total. Until then, we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions and banning everything that could have very little to no impact in the end.

^^^^russm86 for premier!!!

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    I agree, we have to look at everything, not just 1 part, and compare how each event actually contributes to the total. Until then, we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions and banning everything that could have very little to no impact in the end.
    Heres hoping we are able to stay ahead of the curve. My confidence in those with the ability to do the right things is at an all time low.

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black !

Quote Originally Posted by silvertipp View Post
    Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black !
    Dont get your panties in a bunch sweetheart.
    Was referring to NDP / Green and ministry.