Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: CWD Update

Re: CWD Update

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    HAHA. Figure it out. I’m not easily pulled into the mud so try on someone else. You waste my time.
    Your arrogance belittles your 92 posts
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Not looking for conflict.
    Who is .."we".
    No mud question.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Not looking for conflict.
    Who is .."we".
    No mud question.
    my apologies. Concerned hunters. Concerned non hunters. Every club, organization and conservation minded group. Division is destroying us. If I had one hope for 2019 is hunter involvement. Those guys and girls who aren’t involved with a fish and game club must at least start there. This in turn brings us strength in numbers, unity and desperately needed funding.
    We will start seeing benefits at ministry and govt levels as well when we become organized.
    Hope that sums up my concerns. I could go on but that focused on where we have dropped the ball. IMO

I agree 100% the lack of organization and division among hunters is the true issue in BC

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    my apologies. Concerned hunters. Concerned non hunters. Every club, organization and conservation minded group. Division is destroying us. If I had one hope for 2019 is hunter involvement. Those guys and girls who aren’t involved with a fish and game club must at least start there. This in turn brings us strength in numbers, unity and desperately needed funding.
    We will start seeing benefits at ministry and govt levels as well when we become organized.
    Hope that sums up my concerns. I could go on but that focused on where we have dropped the ball. IMO
    So, hears the deal......

Hunters as a group are always pointing the finger.
    We are quick to cast doubt and attack any group or organization that doesn't directly align with hunting.
    We fight among ourselves, tribalism at its finest.

We bash the Fed.
    We bash game bios and mangers.
    We always think we know what's best.

In your own words you said, "division is destroying us".

It will take more than a pack of squabbling hunters to beat a drum loud enough to impact resource practices and wildlife enhancement.
    Last edited by Ourea; 02-07-2019 at 07:57 PM.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

So, hears the deal......

Hunters as a group are always pointing the finger.
    We are quick to cast doubt and attack any group or organization that does directly align with hunting.
    We fight among ourselves, tribalism at its finest.

We bash the Fed.
    We bash game bios and mangers.
    We always think we know what's best.

In your own words you said, "division is destroying us".

It will take more than a pack of squabbling hunters to beat a drum loud enough to impact resource practices and wildlife enhancement.
    I sure hope you’re not another one that is ready to jump in bed with questionable groups because you don’t think you can get things done within the hunting community

No this is not a shot at you but a post like this makes a guy wonder.

Evaluation period is in order.
    It's not a last call at the bar type scenario by any means. Many are tired of the merry go round.

Times change quickly.
    There is a word for things that dont adapt and change to survive.
    It's called 'extinct'.

It's not a last call at the bar type scenario by any means. Many are tired of the merry go round.

Times change quickly.
    It's called 'extinct'.
    Been saying for years change is needed but there is a difference between adapting and shaking hands with the devil because you cannot figure out how to rally the troops to get things done

Sounds like a good potential of a sh!t storm mess

Disappointing really

Times change quickly.
    It's called 'extinct'.
    Thats deep.
    I think no matter how different our lives, jobs, backgrounds are we should all be able to agree on one thing. “ the system in place right now is not working”
    I quote this and it’s truth stands the test of time.
    “Failure isn’t trying something and it doesn’t work.....Failure is trying the exact same thing over and over again but expecting different results.”
    I feel our BC is in this bad cycle.
    We manage in a reactive mindset not much proactive.

I’ve gotten off CWD topic. But still relates to how BC manages wildlife and policies. Can CWD damage be minimal if all the right things are in place before it takes root?
    And CWD could be compared to the salmon farms where things were let go way too long before something was done. Again reactive.