Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CWD Update

Re: CWD Update

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I am no expert but have done a little research and from everything I have gone through CWD is all east of the Rockies
    I have heard by unconfirmed reports cwd is in 2 small populations in bc. I can’t stress enough that this is unconfirmed and I’m trying like hell to find the source of this information. Not only to have this knowledge but also stop such info from spreading if untrue. Would be safe to say our eastern border is certainly being monitored but threat from Washington and idaho is certainly a consideration. Please know this post is for anyone who knows this information to be true and if it’s false rumours we need to have it stopped in its tracks. I reluctantly post this but finding the truth is very important. Avoid criticism towards me as I’m working hard to dig this up and hopefully stop a bad story from spreading. Help???

I sure hope it’s just a rumour because at this time CWD is unstoppable

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I sure hope it’s just a rumour because at this time CWD is unstoppable
    Agreed wild one.
    I’ve reached out to the individual who told me this. He is on a vacation, but I will stay on this like a blood hound. Well respected and extremely well connected. I won’t discount the claims because quite frankly I wouldn’t be at all surprised if true. If untrue it has to stop.
    However one saving grace by sheer coincidence is our wildlife pops are extremely low in most regions.
    Not fueling the rumour mill here but seeking absolute truth.

I heard thru a friend that just a little earlier today it was on the radio, and that yes, there have now been confirmed
    reports of cwd in BC.

That is a hell of a jump from where known infected areas which leads me to think human caused spread

If anyone comes across more proof to confirm it please post it

Well without a trump wall. It’s bound to happen. This thread is showing some promise.
    Bugle M In.... did it mention the affected areas and species. I’d like to be able to compare to what I’ve been told to start establishing validity.

The affected areas I’ve been told about are far from higher risk borders so very reluctant to post it until more info becomes available. Wild One and Bugle M In you can PM me on this if you’re at all interested but I’m not comfortable showing hbc community until I know the facts. Too much at stake if it’s a vicious rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    The affected areas I’ve been told about are far from higher risk borders so very reluctant to post it until more info becomes available. Wild One and Bugle M In you can PM me on this if you’re at all interested but I’m not comfortable showing hbc community until I know the facts. Too much at stake if it’s a vicious rumour.
    I just spoke with my bio contacts and have no confirmation on this.
    Be curious to hear more on this purported infected area.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I just spoke with my bio contacts and have no confirmation on this.
    Be curious to hear more on this purported infected area.
    100% agreed. It’s too easy for things to get outa control.

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Thanks for the offer but will wait till this comes out with the facts. With Bugle M In saying it was possibly on the radio good chance the story is coming out

Not sounding good