Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CWD Update

Re: CWD Update

If we as hunters are to receive our funding that we badly need to turn this ship around, we need to all be on the same page regarding voting in the next provincial election: we need to vote BC Liberal, and hold them to their last election promise, which was that all our hunting licence revenue be put back into wildlife and habitat....

As far as CWD spread from baiting is concerned, I am not educated enough on the topic to have a firm opinion.. however, as I see it, baiting would be no more of a risk than the risk of CWD spread from deer congregations on agricultural plots of land..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    If we as hunters are to receive our funding that we badly need to turn this ship around, we need to all be on the same page regarding voting in the next provincial election: we need to vote BC Liberal, and hold them to their last election promise, which was that all our hunting licence revenue be put back into wildlife and habitat....

As far as CWD spread from baiting is concerned, I am not educated enough on the topic to have a firm opinion.. however, as I see it, baiting would be no more of a risk than the risk of CWD spread from deer congregations on agricultural plots of land..
    moved past baiting as it’s not a baiting thread for 1 and it’s a stressful topic which usually results in a shut down. I think it’s safe to say all higher risk environments need to be identified. You are right. Safe havens and overcrowding on private agricultural land should also pose a very high risk. Cooperation with private land owners will likely be a critical component. I’m not sure how the prairie provinces have managed cwd with so much private land. Alberta has recruited trappers to perform culls in specific areas as well liberal bag limits in specific management areas. No province wide cull, just more agressive population management targeting cwd hot spots that I’m aware of. This coming from a very involved friend in Alberta. So yes, second hand information to me but I’ve known him for decades and don’t see how he could have a reason to feed me false info. I wasn’t provided with any more than that so if someone from Albert can clarify, verify or deny. All good here.

I see Cody Robbins has been dishing out 10,600# of grub every two weeks to help the Saskatchewan deer out.
    And go...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    I see Cody Robbins has been dishing out 10,600# of grub every two weeks to help the Saskatchewan deer out.
    And go...
    All the shows i have watched of his i haven't seen a skinny sick deer yet....
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    All the shows i have watched of his i haven't seen a skinny sick deer yet....
    Ballparking the percentage here...
    95% of CWD positive deer shot by hunters show no outward symptoms of the disease, they appear fat and healthy.

But they are not. Within 18-24 months every one will have died from the disease.

CWD infection rates are skyrocketing in Alberta, particularly for Mule deer, and especially in Bucks.
    Several areas have an infection rate of over 50% for Mule deer males over 1 year of age.
    We haven't seen anything yet as to how detrimental this disease may become to deer,
    And then IF it ever becomes transmittable to humans....

-----

Back to the OP.

Bownut, I gave you the opportunity to clarify your comment, and you decided not to.

Spreading what you acknowledge to be an unsubstantiated rumour like this is dishonourable behavior,
    especially for a person requesting trust in leading future decisions regarding wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Is is there a place a person can get their game meat tested for CWD?

Is there any relation to deer bait stations?
    The Ihunter app shows all the testing stations in Alberta. Taken a lot of white tails and mulies over the years in the WMU 350 and 200, we have all are deer tested , and have yet to have a infected animal. (Good) I read a report that said that the disease is passed from animal to animal by saliva, so I can see where bait stations could be a problem. As mentioned before white tails have been knowing herd up in the hundreds, I've never seen it, but my hunting buddies in Alberta have. In that situation it would only take a couple of animals to spend the disease throughout the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Ballparking the percentage here...
    95% of CWD positive deer shot by hunters show no outward symptoms of the disease, they appear fat and healthy.

But they are not. Within 18-24 months every one will have died from the disease.

CWD infection rates are skyrocketing in Alberta, particularly for Mule deer, and especially in Bucks.
    Several areas have an infection rate of over 50% for Mule deer males over 1 year of age.
    We haven't seen anything yet as to how detrimental this disease may become to deer,
    And then IF it ever becomes transmittable to humans....

-----

Back to the OP.

Bownut, I gave you the opportunity to clarify your comment, and you decided not to.

Spreading what you acknowledge to be an unsubstantiated rumour like this is dishonourable behavior,
    especially for a person requesting trust in leading future decisions regarding wildlife.
    He got banned so maybe that why no reply?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    He got banned so maybe that why no reply?
    Maybe.... he did have a few days to respond on the thread before he was banned.

So to clear the air, there is no confirmed plan for a new big cull, never was.
    Bownut knew this....

There are lots of options being discussed on what to do now re' CWD control in Alberta.
    Doing nothing sure isn't helping.
    Nothing has been decided.

Now hitting main stream media in the states...

Wow, Mad Cow = Zombie, who knew!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/2882550002/
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I'll have to talk to my father in laws good friend in Alberta.
    He has lots of land, raises Bison for sale.
    Gone to school for all sorts of Agriculture issues as well.
    I will see what he has to say, as I am sure CWD would be concerning for him.