Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CWD Update

Re: CWD Update

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Alberta has testing and baiting deer has been banned for as long as I can remember
    Thats the problem in BC, we haven't evolved much.
    Read the post that the BCWF has on this site it pretty much says it all.
    Old News

Oh and if any one including Curly wants to learn a little about the transmission process instead of living with their heads up the A...ses.
    feel free.

The Tyee? hahahahahahahaa
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    I don't see anything about a cull
    When I heard the story, I started looking into the CWD process on when it gets this bad. Seems to add up, I guess all we can do is watch.

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    I just found out that another big cull will happen in Alberta this year, seems CWD is spreading throughout the Province.
    Can you provide a link to this proposed cull please?

Bownut,

Thanks for the reponse to my pm.

This is a very serious issue that deserves accurate information.
    This is no place for rumours or crying wolf.

Please clarify your claim of "another big cull WILL happen this year".

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Is there any relation to deer bait stations?
    There is nothing what so ever proving bait piles are any more likely than natural food sources, watering holes, or agricultural fields etc, to spread CWD. Bownut is just an anti trying to push his own views across on everyone else in order to convince everyone we need to ban yet 1 more thing, that may or may not have any real affect on transmission. Hence about 6 anti-baiting threads etc he's started now. As I've stated in other threads by him, bait stands in BC don't work the way he thinks in his little head (10s or 100s of deer don't come a running from miles around, the deer that are already there won't even go out of there way by 50 yards) and the few people who do it aren't contributing squat compared to all the other "attractions" out there. My guess would be less than 1% compared to natural sources of food/water, planted alf-alfa or hay fields, salt licks for cattle, etc. This is also reflected by the fact that several provinces/states have had bait bans for a long time and yet CWD is still spreading in all of them.
    Last edited by russm86; 02-04-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Still waiting for my CWD results from a Nov 21st Mule deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    The Tyee? hahahahahahahaa
    My thoughts exactly. I rarely click on links but I NEVER click on a link that would take me to that rag.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Can we have one thread where we don't call each other "anti's"?

We all love hunting.

There's a few options being looked at in Alberta. All can have their positives and negatives. A cull (given the size of the area now, and the public backlash the last time they tried) doesn't seem a likely move to me. But I really hope they can get a handle on this.

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    There is nothing what so ever proving bait piles are any more likely than natural food sources, watering holes, or agricultural fields etc, to spread CWD. Bownut is just an anti trying to push his own views across on everyone else in order to convince everyone we need to ban yet 1 more thing, that may or may not have any real affect on transmission. Hence about 6 anti-baiting threads etc he's started now. As I've stated in other threads by him, bait stands in BC don't work the way he thinks in his little head (10s or 100s of deer don't come a running from miles around, the deer that are already there won't even go out of there way by 50 yards) and the few people who do it aren't contributing squat compared to all the other "attractions" out there. My guess would be less than 1% compared to natural sources of food/water, planted alf-alfa or hay fields, salt licks for cattle, etc. This is also reflected by the fact that several provinces/states have had bait bans for a long time and yet CWD is still spreading in all of them.
    He also has promoted them as pred pits, which is nonsense.
    Agenda driven, no facts, just endless sniping.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea